Philosophy & Religious Studies
- Continental Philosophy, Phenomenology, Feminist Philosophy, Philosophy of Psychology
- McDonald, M. (2018). Hysterical girls: Combat trauma as a feminist issue. IJFAB: International Journal of Feminist Approaches to Bioethics, 11 (1), pp. 3-22.
- Senecal, G., and McDonald, M. (2017). Mission completion, troop welfare and destructive idealism: A case study on the phenomenology of a combat veteran's social reintegration. New Male Studies, 6 (2), pp. 64-89.
- McDonald, M. (2017). Haunted by a Different Ghost: Rethinking Moral Injury. Essays in Philosophy, 18 (2), pp. 1-16.
- McDonald, M. (2013). Life as a Narrative: Re-thinking Strawson’s Anti-Narrative Stance. Philotheos, 13, pp. 219-237.
- McDonald, M. (2012). Trauma, Embodiment, and Narrative. Idealistic Studies, 43 (2-3), pp. 247-264.
- McDonald, M. (2010). On Emerson’s ‘Friendship’.Critical Companion to Ralph Waldo Emerson (pp. 112-116). New York: Facts on File.
- McDonald, M. (April, 2017). Honey, Please: Emerson & Merleau-Ponty on the Human Condition Paper presented at Association for Core Texts and Courses Dallas, TX.
- McDonald, M. (April, 2017). Who Run The Word? Beyoncé & Bell Hooks – Feminism and the Subversion of Patriarchal Power Paper presented at Popular Culture Association/American Culture Association San Diego.
- McDonald, M. (February, 2017). I’ll Meet You in the Overwhelm Paper presented at Society for Humanistic Psychology Richmond, VA.
- McDonald, M. (November, 2016). PTSD, Imaging & Phenomenology Paper presented at Philosophy of Science Association Biennial Meeting Atlanta, GA.
- McDonald, M. (September, 2016). Returning to the Lived Experience: Myopic Views of Mental Illness Paper presented at Southeastern Ethics and Philosophy of Technology Charlotte, NC.
- 2016: Summer Fellowship Research Grant, Old Dominion University
- 2015: Research Grant, College of the Holy Cross
- 2012: Teaching Fellowship, Boston University
- 2010: Dissertation Fellowship, Boston University
- 2010: Outstanding Teaching Fellow Award, Boston University
- 2008: Metcalf Fellowship, Boston University
- 2005: Departmental Scholarship, New School for Social Research
- 2005: Research Assistantship, New School for Social Research
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research
- , "College of Arts & Letters Summer Research Grant" $3,500. Old Dominion University. June 1, 2017 - August 1, 2017