Professor of Accounting
Ph.D. in Accounting, University of British Columbia, (1988)
M.A. in Economics, University of Pennsylvania, (1981)
B.B.A. in Accounting, University of Pennsylvania, (1980)
B.A. in Philosophy, Rutgers College, Rutgers University, (1975)
- Duong, H., Chen, A., Gotti, G. and Stein, M. Code of ethics quality and audit fees.. Journal of Accounting and Public Policy In press (In press) , pp. In press.
- Stein, M., Simunic, D., Gu, T., Ye, M. and Zhang, P. (2020). Research. Journal of International Accounting Research 19 (3) , pp. 3-8.
- Stein, M., Gu, T. and Simunic, D. (2017). Fixed Costs, Audit Production, and Audit Markets: Theory and Evidence. Social Science Research Network , pp. 60.
- Stein, M., Kang, M., Lee, H. and Soo, M. (2016). The association between human resource investment by audit firms and their audit quality.. Asia Pacific Journal of Accounting and Economics/Taylor and Francis , pp. 1-23.
- Li, S., Stein, M. and Wang, L. (2010). ’Keep silent, make money’: Can Chinese firms’ financial data be trusted?. Hong Kong Economic Journal Monthly May , pp. 88-90.
- Stein, M. and Akono, H. (2014). Estimating Audit Fees and Production Models The Routledge Companion to Auditing (pp. 276 - 286) Oxford: Routledge.
- Li, S., Stein, M. and Selover, D. D. (May , 2008). Earnings management in China Annual Finance Meeting Taipei.