Matthew DiLorenzo is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science & Geography and the Graduate Program in International Studies at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA. He teaches courses in international politics and research design. Previously, he worked as a Research Analyst at AidData in Williamsburg, VA. His research has appeared in International Studies Quarterly, Journal of Peace Research, Political Research Quarterly, Conflict Management and Peace Science, and The Chinese Journal of International Politics.
International political economy, foreign aid, connections between domestic politics and international relations, international conflict
- DiLorenzo, M. and Stone, T. (2022). Term Limits and Environmental Treaty Commitments. International Studies Quarterly 66 (2) , pp. sqab072.
- BenYishay, A., DiLorenzo, M. and Dolan, C. The Economic Efficiency of Aid Targeting. World Development.
- Rooney, B. and DiLorenzo, M. (2021). Political Turnover, Regime Type, and Investment Behavior. International Interactions 47 (4) , pp. 777-793.
- DiLorenzo, M. (2021). Trade Layoffs and Hate in the United States. Social Science Quarterly 102 (2) , pp. 771-785.
- Masaki, T., Parks, B. C.., Faust, J., Leiderer, S. and DiLorenzo, M. (2021). Aid Management, Trust, and Development Policy Influence: New Evidence from a Survey of Public Sector Officials in Low-Income and Middle-Income Countries. Studies in Comparative International Development 56 (3) , pp. 364-383.
- DiLorenzo, M. and Rooney, B. (2021). International Constraints, Political Turnover, and Voting Consistency in the United Nations General Assembly. Foreign Policy Analysis 17 (1) , pp. 162-186.
- DiLorenzo, M. International Politics and the Subnational Allocation of World Bank Development Projects. Political Studies Review.
- DiLorenzo, M. and Cheng, M. (2019). Political Turnover and Chinese Development Cooperation. Chinese Journal of International Politics 12 (1) , pp. 123-151.
- DiLorenzo, M., McBride, B. and Ray, J. Lee. (2019). Presidential Political Ambition and US Foreign Conflict Behavior, 1816-2010. Conflict Management and Peace Science 36 (2) , pp. 111-130.
- DiLorenzo, M. (2019). Leader Survival, Sources of Political Insecurity, and International Conflict. Political Research Quarterly 72 (3) , pp. 596-609.
- DiLorenzo, M. (2018). Bypass Aid and Unrest in Autocracies. International Studies Quarterly 62 (1) , pp. 208-219.
- DiLorenzo, M. and Rooney, B. (2018). Domestic Uncertainty, Third-Party Resolve, and International Conflict. Journal of Peace Research 55 (4) , pp. 445-459.