Ph.D. in International Studies, Old Dominion University, (2015)
M.S. in Applied Statistics, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, (2006)
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Frydenlund, E. and Padilla, J. "Health Dynamics in Protracted Refugee" $70,000. Old Dominion University. September 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018
- Elzie, ME, T., Frydenlund, E., Collins, A. and Robinson, R. M. Conceptualizing intragroup and intergroup dynamics within a controlled crowd evacuation. Journal of Emergency Management 13 (2) , pp. 109.
- Collins, A. and Frydenlund, E. (2018). Strategic group formation in agent-based simulation. SIMULATION-TRANSACTIONS OF THE SOCIETY FOR MODELING AND SIMULATION INTERNATIONAL 94 (3) , pp. 179-193.
- Elzie, T., Frydenlund, E., Collins, A. and Robinson, R. M. (2016). Panic That Spreads Sociobehavioral Contagion in Pedestrian Evacuations. TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH RECORD (2586) , pp. 1-8.
- Collins, A., Frydenlund, E., Robinson, R. M. and Cetin, M. (2015). Exploring a Toll Auction Mechanism Enabled by Vehicle-to-Infrastructure Technology. TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH RECORD (2530) , pp. 106-113.
- Collins, A. and Frydenlund, E. (2015). Academic revenue management and quantitative worship. Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management 14 (1) , pp. 50-56.
- Frydenlund, E., Elzie, T., Collins, A. and Robinson, R. M. (2014). A Hybridized Approach to Validation: The Role of Sociological Research Methods in Pedestrian Modeling. Transportation Research Procedia 2 , pp. 697-705.
- Collins, A., Elzie, T., Frydenlund, E. and Robinson, R. M. (2014). Do Groups Matter? An Agent-based Modeling Approach to Pedestrian Egress. Transportation Research Procedia 2 , pp. 430-435.
- Collins, A., Foytik, P., Frydenlund, E., Robinson, R. M. and Jordan, C. (2014). Generic Incident Model for Investigating Traffic Incident Impacts on Evacuation Times in Large-Scale Emergencies. TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH RECORD (2459) , pp. 11-17.
- Frydenlund, E. and Earnest, D. C. EMERGENCE IN INFORMATION ECONOMIES: AN AGENT-BASED MODELING PERSPECTIVE Emergent Behavior in Complex Systems Engineering (pp. 129-147) John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Earnest, D. C. and Frydenlund, E. (2017). Flipping Coins and Coding Turtles Simulation Foundations, Methods and Applications (pp. 237-259) Springer International Publishing.
- Frydenlund, E. and Padilla, J. (2017). Modeling the Impact of Protraction on Refugee Identity Social, Cultural, and Behavioral Modeling (pp. 214-222) Springer International Publishing.
- Collins, A. and Frydenlund, E. (2016). Agent-based modeling and strategic group formation: A refugee case study 2016 Winter Simulation Conference (WSC) IEEE.
- 2018: ODU Faculty Exchange, University of Kitakyushu
- 2015: Graduate Workshop in Computational Social Science, Selected Participant, Santa Fe Institute