Career fair - This fair is intended for you, an ODU student seeking part-time employment on-campus or in the local community. On campus and local community employers will be here to showcase opportunities for you to get your desired part-time job. Make sure you are prepared to meet with employers and put your best foot forward. These employers have come here to meet you, so make a lasting impression.
The keys to a successful fair experience are preparation and follow-up. Here is a checklist to help you get prepared:
- Research the list of participating employers through Handshake
- Have your resume reviewed by Career Development Services
- Prepare your 30 second introduction
- Have copies of your resume
- Don't forget to ask for business cards at the job fair so you can follow up with thank you notes via email
Dress for success: Students should come dressed professionally