October 9, 2013 - Minutes
- Approved 25.00 dues, we encourage everyone to consider paying dues; however, it is not a requirement for membership. Checks for dues should be made out to ODU Credit Union
- $509.00 in our credit union account
- We will explore using the funds provided by Equity & Diversity for events and marketing materials
- Human resources will be attending our December meeting
- We will be inviting representatives for Gay Cultural Studies to our November meeting
- Discussed talking with ODU Faculty Senate to pass a resolution supporting support/benefits for partners/spouses
- Alan Rogers was selected to be responsible for coordinating social gatherings. Upcoming event-Drag Brunch, October 20. He will explore social and service opportunities for the Caucus.
- Anyone interested in serving in a leadership role is encouraged.
Special Guest - Neudy Carolina Nuñez, SPECTRUM Floor
Summary: This is the ideal community for students for students who want to embrace diversity and take advantage of the social opportunities and academic support that this community offers. This living- learning community brings together lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) students and straight allies in an inclusive environment where community members encourage and embrace respect for all students while freely exploring issues of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, and the intersection of those. This safe and affirming environment enables students to freely express themselves. Extra-curricular activities in this LLC provide opportunities for individual exploration, connections to GLBTQ staff, students, and allies within the ODU community and foster opportunities for community building, and provide a venue where students can advocate for social change.
Programming for SPECTRUM
- Milk Movie Showing and Dialogue: October 17, 2013 @ 8:00 PM
- Rainbow Flag Decorating: October 21, 2013 @ 7:00 PM
- ODU PrideFest Table-Decorate Your Own Cupcake/Supplies Drive for Seton Youth Group: October 26, 2013 at 11:00 AM
- For more information contact:
Neudy Carolina Nuñez
Assistant Director for Academic Initiatives
Housing & Residence Life
4603 Elkhorn Ave., Suite 1208