Apply for Diversity Institute Today!
The Office of Intercultural Relations is now accepting applications for Fall Semester 2014. The application deadline is March 21, 2014. Apply online at http://bit.ly/1evGTRR
DI is a free semester-long program that focuses on social ills known as –isms, including: racism, sexism, classism, heterosexism, creedism, ableism, etc. Weekly modules on Wednesday from 6-8P.M. are led by dynamic and engaging faculty leaders from a variety of fields.
How can DI help me?
- A great resource for personal and professional development
- Excellent resume-builder
- Create an understanding of your own identity and how it impacts your interactions with others.
- Minimize the opportunity for trends of prejudice, discrimination, exclusion, and bias to continue.
- Develop empathy and ability to operate and promote an inclusive climate.
- Develop communication skills needed in a pluralistic setting.
- Learn professional requirements related to operating in a diverse, multicultural, and/or global setting.
Examples of Topics:
- Cultural Identity
- Generational Diversity
- Power and Privilege in Society
- Ability Differences
- Class & Social Mobility
- Personality Diversity
- Intercultural Communication
- Interfaith Understanding
- Sexual Expression, Orientation & Identity
FMI: www.odu.edu/oir/DIVEIN | firstname.lastname@example.org | 757-683-4406
Posted By: Stephanie Riggs
Date: Mon Mar 10 09:01:03 EDT 2014