Faculty Can Learn About Latest Teaching Methods, Technologies at CLT’s teachFAIR
University instructors and GTAs are invited to attend the Center for Learning and Teaching's annual teachFAIR, Tuesday, Oct. 29.
An open house for sharing innovative teaching tools, tips and technologies, the event will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Hampton/Newport News Room of Webb Center. The forum offers an opportunity for faculty members to exchange ideas and best practices. And, as the CLT advises, "Come for the conversation. Leave with bright ideas!" Refreshments will be provided.
Topics will include:
- AT: Assistive Training to Make Learning Easier
- Career Development in the Writing Classroom
- Color Theory, Culture and Heritage
- Edmodo: Teaching, Service Learning and Conferences
- Evolving: Teaching BIOL 292 Online vs. Face-to-Face
- Learning by Students' Video Clips in Intermediate Accounting
- Improving Disciplinary Writing: Writing to Learn
- NBC Learn and Classroom Capture with Kaltura
- QR Codes to Support Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Teaching and Learning with iPads
- Using e-Portfolios for Integrative Learning
- Using Social Media to Build a Sense of Community
- Virtual Backgrounds Enhance Online Video.
For more information about the teachFAIR, contact Susan Boze at firstname.lastname@example.org or 683-3172.