Cash is no longer accepted for transactions in the Monarch Card Center. You can pay using Debit, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and/or American Express. Thank you for understanding.
For more information about ODU and COVID-19, visit odu.edu/covid19
The mission of the University Card Center is to improve the quality and convenience of ODU campus life. Convenience, simplicity, access and ensuring security -- one card does it all!
The University Card Center manages identification card production, security, and card technology for all students, faculty, and staff throughout the Old Dominion University campus community.
Your ID card is your official University identification card and access credentials for the campus. Please do not put holes in your ID card because the holes will make the card inoperable.
Where can I use it?
Your new ID card is a multi-functioning campus ID. It allows for access and services throughout the campus and should be carried on you at all times.
- Authorized University facilities
- Residence Hall doors
- Student Recreation Center and ODU Fitness Center
- Admittance to events on campus including select home athletic events
- Classroom swipes for select classes requiring a swipe for attendance
- Campus libraries and Testing Centers
- Printing and copying
- New Feature: PNC Bank account linking
Select business and local events may offer ODU student discounts.
- This account serves as a University prepaid debit account that serves to make purchases at many on-campus locations, including all dining locations, select vending machines, select printers, the University Bookstore, Monarch Techstore, the Health Center, and more.
- Monarch Plus purchases can be made at select off-campus locations.
- Meal Plans are ODU's way for students to purchase food on campus, per semester.
- Flex Points are tax-free points to be used at select Monarch Dining locations.
NEW Feature! PNC Bank Account Linking
PNC is making it easier for you to keep track of your money at Old Dominion University. You'll find a PNC branch in the North Mall of the Webb Center and 7 PNC ATMs on campus. And with PNC Virtual Wallet Student®, managing your money is easier too. As an ODU University student and PNC customer, you can link your bank account to your Monarch ID Card and use it at PNC ATMs and other merchants. You can even request a PNC Bank Visa ® debit card designed just for Old Dominion University. For more information visit us at pnc.com/odu.
Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association and used under license. Virtual Wallet Student is a registered trademark of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. © 2020 The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved. PNC Bank, National Association. Member FDIC
University ID Card
Use this key tool to make purchases & gain access on campus
Select the best meal plan for purchasing food on campus
To comply with the cash management regulations, PNC Bank reports as follows:
- Total consideration paid in the period July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021: $225,000.00
- Total number of customers holding student financial accounts which originated under the contract from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2021: 592
- Mean student costs: $18.98 in the year ended June 30, 2021
- Median student costs: $0 in the year ended June 30, 2021