[ skip to content ]
- Tom Meyers
- Principal Research Scientist
- National Centers for System of Systems Engineering
- Suite 406 Innovation Research Park 1
- Dr. Meyers came to ODU’s National Centers for System of Systems Engineering in 2010 following 25 years in the U.S. Marine Corps and 10 years with The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory. His degrees include: B.S., Physics and Mathematics (1975); M.S., Operations Research (1989); and Ph.D., Systems Engineering (2007).
- Old Dominion University,
Major: Systems Engineering
Degree: Ph. D.
- Naval Postgraduate School,
Major: Operations Research
- Jacksonville University,
Major: Physics and Mathematics
- Dr. Meyers' research interests include: enterprise performance measurement and management, elicitation of expert judgment, and risk.
- Hester, P. T., and Meyers, T. (2012). Multi-criteria performance measurement for public and private sector enterprises.Applications of management science (pp. 183-206). Bingley: Emerald.
- Meyers, T., and Hester, P. T. (2013). Measuring system of systems performance. International Journal of System of Systems Engineering, 3, (pp. 277-289).
- Hester, P. T., and Meyers, T. The Enterprise AID methodology applied to a self-sustaining university research center.
- Meyers, T., and Hester, P. T. (2013). The Enterprise AID methodology: Application. Procedia Computer Science
- Meyers, T., and Hester, P. T. (2013). The Enterprise AID methodology: Concepts. Procedia Computer Science
- Hester, P. T., and Meyers, T. (2012). Lessons learned from designing a performance measurement system for a university research center. Perspectives on Performance, 9 (3), (pp. 23-24).
- Hester, P. T., Meyers, T., and Lin, J. W. (2012). Top-down versus bottom-up measurement: Why building a baseball team (or acquiring a system) using bottom-up stats is a bad idea. Defense AT&L, 41 (4), (pp. 4-8).
- Hester, P. T., and Meyers, T. (2011). Multi-criteria performance measurement: An introduction. Perspectives on Performance, 9 (1), (pp. 16-18).
- Adams, K. M., and Meyers, T. (2011). Perspective 1 of the SoSE methodology: Framing the system under study. International Journal of System of Systems Engineering, 2, (pp. 163-192).
- Adams, K. M., and Meyers, T. (2011). The US Navy carrier strike group as a system of systems. International Journal of System of Systems Engineering, 2, (pp. 91-97).
- Meyers, T. (1999). Lessons-learned: Confirmation bias. Approach, 44 (6), (pp. 28).
- Meyers, T., Cotter, G. J., and Owens, C. D. (1995). Transfer of H-53 helicopter depot maintenance. Program Manager (pp. 26-28).
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research
Research and Development Governance Capability Development for the Borders and Maritime Security Division
Sponsoring Organization: Department of Homeland Security, Science and Technology Directorate
Date: July 28, 2010 - July 28, 2013
Awarding Organization: Federal
Investigators:Hester, P. T.; Meyers, T.