[ skip to content ]
- Jiang Li
- Associate Professor
- 231 Kaufman Hall
- Web Page
- Dr. Jiang Li received his Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from the University of Texas at Arlington, TX, in 2004, the
M.S. degree in automation from Tsinghua University, China, in 2000, and the B.S. degree in electrical engineering from Shanghai
Jiaotong University, China, in 1992. Dr. Li worked as a postdoctoral fellow at the department of radiology, National Institutes
of Health, from 2004 to 2006. He joined ODU as an assistant professor in Spring 2007.
- University of Texas - Arlington,
- Major: Electrical Engineering
- Degree: Ph. D.
- Tsinghua University,
- Major: Automation
- Degree: M.S.
- Shanghai Jiaotong University,
- Major: Electrical Engineering
- Degree: B.S.
- Machine learning, computer-aided medical diagnosis systems, medical signal/image processing, neural network and modeling and
- Li, J., Huang, S., Mantena, V., Li, F., and McKenzie, F. D. Application of Machine Learning Techniques to Biomarker Identification for Prostate Cancer.. Computational Intelligence Techniques in Handling Image Processing and Pattern Recognition.
- Tran, L., Banerjee, D., Sun, X., Wang, J., Kumar, A., Vinning, D., McKenzie, F. D., Li, Y., and Li, J. (2011). A Large-Scale Manifold Learning Approach for Brain Tumor Progression Prediction. Machine Learning in Medical Imaging, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 7009, (pp. 265-272).
- Sun, X., Yoon, Y., Li, J., and McKenzie, F. D. (2011). An Integrated Computer-Aided Robotic System for Dental Implantation. The MIDAS Journal - Systems and Architectures for Computer Assisted Interventions 2011. Selected papers from the 14th International
Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention (MICCAI 2011) (pp. 1-8).
- Sun, X., McKenzie, F. D., Bawab, S., Li, J., Yoon, Y., and Huang, J. (2011). Automated Dental Implantation Using Image-guided Robotics – Registration Results. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, 6 (5), (pp. 627-634).
- Huang, A., Li, J., Summers, R. M., Petrick, N., and Hara, A. K. (2010). A Pareto Front Approach to Evaluating Polyp Detection Algorithms for CT Colonography. Patter recognition letters
- Yao, J., Li, J., and Summers, R. (2009). Colonic Polyp Detection and measurement using Topographical Height Map. Pattern recognition
- Li, J., Huang, A., Yao, J., and Summers, R. (2009). Optimizing Automatic Colonic Polyp Detection by Evolving the Pareto Front. Medical Physics
- Shen, Y., Li, J., Mantena, V., and Jakkula, S. (2009). Seasonal Adaptation of Vegetation Color in Satellite Images for Flight Simulations. Journal of Intelligent Learning Systems and Applications
- Shen, Y., Li, J., Mantena, V., and Jakkula, S. (2009). Season Adaptation of Vegetation Color in Satellite Images for Flight Simulations. Journal of Intelligent Leaning Systems and Applications, 1 (1), (pp. 40-52).
- Narasimha, P. L., Delashmit, W. H., Manry, M. T., Li, J., and , F. M. (2008). An integrated growing-pruning method for feedforward network training. Neurocomputing, 71 (13-15), (pp. 2831-2847).
- Li, J., and Summers, R. M. (2008). Wavelet Method for CT Colonography Computer-aided Polyp Detection. Medical Physics, 35 (8), (pp. 3527-3538).
- Bai, O., Lin, P., Vorbach, S., Li, J., Furlani, S., and Hallett, M. (2007). Exploration of Computational Methods for Classification of Movement Intention during Human Voluntary Movement from Single
Trial EEG. Neurophysiology, 118 (12), (pp. 2637-2655).
- Chandrasekaran, H., Li, J., Yu, C., and Manry, M. T. (2007). Convergent Design of Piecewise Linear Neural Networks. Neurocomputing, 70, (pp. 1022–1039).
- Li, J., Yao, J., Summers, R., Petrick, N., Manry, M. T., and Hara, A. K. (2006). An efficient feature selection algorithm for polyp detection in CAD system. International Journal on Artificial Intelligence Tools, 15 (6), (pp. 893-915).
- Yu, C., Manry, M. T., and Li, J. (2006). An Efficient Hidden Layer Training Method for Multilayer Perceptron. Neurocomputing, 70 (1-3), (pp. 525-535).
- Li, J., Manry, M. T., Narasimha, P., and Yu, C. (2006). Feature Selection Using a Piecewise Linear Network. IEEE Trans. on Neural Network, 17 (5), (pp. 1101-1115).
- Yu, C., Manry, M. T., and Li, J. (2005). Effects of nonsingular pre-processing on feed-forward network training. International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, 19 (2), (pp. 217-247).
- Gore, R., Li, J., Manry, M., Liu, L., and Yu, C. (2005). Iterative Design of Neural Network Classifiers through Regression. International Journal on Artificial Intelligence Tools, 14 (1-2), (pp. 281-302).
- Li, J., Manry, M. T., and Yu, C. (2005). Prototype Based Classifier Design with Pruning. International Journal on Artificial Intelligence Tools, 14 (1-2), (pp. 261-280).
- Li, J., Zhuo, Q., and Wang, W. (2000). An Electrical DC Model for the Human's Skin Related Mood and its Experimental Method Research. Chinese Journal of Behavioral Medical Science, 9 (4), (pp. 225-258).
- Target Detection with Focused Pulsed Electromagnetic Radiation
- Conference Name: IEEE
- Sponsoring Organization: IEEE
- Location: Atlanta, gA
- Date: May 27, 2010
Schoenbach, K. H.
- Brain Tumor Progression Assessment Using Multiple MRI Volumes
- Conference Name: RSNA 2009
- Sponsoring Organization: RSNA 2009
- Date: 2009
McKenzie, F. D.
- 2006: Fellows Award for Research Excellence, NIH
- 2002: Image Processing and Neural Network Scholarship, UTA
- TxTEC Award for 2003-2004 Academic Year, UTA
- Herman Fellowship for 2000-2001 Academic Year, UTA
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research