- Center for Quantitative Fisheries Ecology
- Norfolk, VA 23508
- Fish Age Estimator
- Sample Size Estimator for Ageing
- Fish Growth Predictor
- VMRC/CQFE Database App
- %MSP/%fSPR/SPR Estimator
Please send your comments and suggestions on the apps to Dr. Hongsheng (Hank) Liao at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In 2017, the CQFE donated 1,957 lbs. of fresh fish to the Salvation Army and Norfolk Wildlife Rescue. Visit our Outreach page to learn more about our other community outreach efforts.
- Dr. Cynthia Jones was the chair of the Stock Assessment Review Committee for the Northeast Region.
- Dr. Joseph Aggrey-Fynn, Associate Professor, from Department of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences at University of Cape Coast (Ghana) worked at the CQFE as a visiting scientist between September 11 and 21 of 2016 (Please see the video on Dr. Fynn arrival). Together, we worked on sampling and processing fish specimen and their calcified structures in the field and at the laboratory, data analysis and result interpretation, and lab operation procedures and its protocols. Before Dr. Fynn left for his country, the Manager Dr. Liao interviewed him about what we had learned from each other and what we could do together in the future (Please see the video on the interview between Dr. Fynn and Dr. Liao).
The information obtained at our Age and Growth Lab is an invaluable resource to the VMRC and ASMFC. Visit our Publicaitons page to view our VMRC Finfish Ageing Annual Reports.