Virginia Modeling, Analysis & Simulation Center
- Behr, J. G. (2006). Modeling the Rally Event: Toward Conceptual and Methodological Clarity. The Social Science Journal
- Behr, J. G. (2003). Searching for Determinism: A Comparative Assessment of First Term Approval Volatility, Buoyancy, and Polarization. Presidential Studies Quarterly, Vol. 33 (3),
- Behr, J. G. (2000). Black and Female Municipal Employment: A Substantive Benefit of Minority Political Incorporation?. Journal of Urban Affairs, Vol. 22 (3),
- Behr, J. G. (2004). What We Believe.. Norfolk, Va.: Regional Studies Institute, Old Dominion University.
- Behr, J. G. (April 14, 2007). Healthcare Access, Literacy and Empowerment Chicago, IL.
- Behr, J. G. (March 2, 2007). Mobilization Politics: Why the Religious Left Trumps the Religious Right Ky..
- Behr, J. G. (March 24, 2005). Parties and Interest Groups New Orleans, LA.
- Behr, J. G. (March 24, 2005). Populations Covered by the Voting Rights Act New Orleans, LA.
- Behr, J. G. (March 19, 2005). Perceptions of Quality of Life: The Racial Chasm in Hampton Roads Richmond, VA.
- Behr, J. G. (December 1, 2004). “Quality of Life in Hampton Roads” presented at The Future of Hampton roads Committee on Regional Priorities WHRO Studios, Norfolk, VA..
- Behr, J. G. (October 7, 2004). “The Spatial Constancy Index: an Improved Measure of Residential Segregation” presented at Brown Bag Series, Department of Political Science and Geography, Old Dominion University Norfolk, Va..
- Behr, J. G. (September 2, 2004). Segregation and Urban Policy: A Comparative Analysis of Trends Chicago, IL.
- Behr, J. G. (November 8, 2003). Virginia Politics: Did the Election Change Anything? Newport News, VA.
- Behr, J. G. (August 31, 2003). First Term Presidential Approval Philadelphia, PA.
- Behr, J. G. (October 16, 2002). “The Politics and Consequences of Minority Segregation: Internationalizing a Research Method” Norfolk, Va..
- Behr, J. G. (August 30, 2002). A Measure of Spatial Auto-Correlation Boston, MA.
- Behr, J. G. (April 20, 2001). The Political Tenability of Racial Gerrymanders: An Analysis of Local Governments in the Redistricting Process Chicago, IL.
- Behr, J. G. (November 20, 2000). “Municipal Employment Policy and Political Empowerment” presented at Southwestern Oklahoma State University Social Science Faculty Form lecture series. Weatherford, Oklahoma.
- Behr, J. G. (October 27, 2000). Residential Segregation and the Consideration of Race as a Criterion in the Districting Process presented at Regional Research Conference Edmond, Oklahoma.
- Behr, J. G. (February 10, 1998). Municipal Redistricting Criteria New Orleans, LA.
- Behr, J. G. (November 5, 1997). Presidential Popularity: The Impact of a Domestic Crisis Norfolk, VA.
- Behr, J. G. (March 13, 1997). Implications of Descriptive Representation: A Longitudinal Study of Public Employment Patterns in New Orleans Tucson, AZ.
- Behr, J. G. (March 7, 1997). An Explanation of House Support for the President: The Role of Ideological Congruence Lafayette, LA.
- 2004: American Political Science Association’s 2004 Norton Long Scholar Award, American Political Science Association
- 2004: Southern Political Science Association’s 2004 Artinian Award for Professional Development, Southern Political Science Association
- 2001: Southwestern Political Science Association’s 2001 Ted Robinson Dissertation Award, Southwestern Political Science Association
- 2000: American Political Science Association’s 2000 Byron Jackson Dissertation Research Award, American Political Science Association
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Behr, J. G.; Allen, T.; Mcleod, G. "Assessing Current and Future Risk Posed to Structural Assets at NIT South" $68,500. State. May 1, 2017 - September 1, 2017
- Behr, J. G. ""Evaluation Emergency Department Utilization, Sentara Norfolk General Hospital" $141,000. Other. 2006 - 2008
- Behr, J. G. "3nd annual “Greater Hampton Roads Quality of Life Survey” project" $27,000. Other. 2005 - 2006
- Behr, J. G. "“Health Matters: Determinants of Health Disparities in Hampton Roads” " $92,000. Old Dominion University. 2005 - 2006
- Behr, J. G. "2nd annual “Greater Hampton Roads Quality of Life Survey” project" $30,000. Other. 2004 - 2005
- Behr, J. G. "“Greater Hampton Roads Quality of Life Survey” project" . Other. 2003 - 2004