Charles B. Daniels
Engineering Management & Systems Engineering
- Emotional Intelligence, Personality Type, Leadership Practices
- Project Management, Agile Project Management, Capital Budgeting
- Project Management
- Agile Project Management, Project Management Professional (PMP) Preparation
- Data Analysis,
- The effects of personality type on project managment decision making. Emotional Intellgence in the Engineering context. Organizational performance.
- Daniels, C. An Investigation of the Influence of Sensory and Intuitive Personality Types on Project Success.
- Castelle, K., and Daniels, C. (2013). The Root Cause of Failure in Complex IT Projects: Complexity Itself. Procedia Computer Science, 20 (Supplement C), pp. 325 - 330.
- Daniels, C. (2009). Improving Engineering Leadership. Engineering Management Journal
- Daniels, C. (2009). Improving Leadership in a Technical Environment: A Case Example of the ConITS Leadership Institute. Engineering Management Journal, 21 (1), pp. 47–52.
- Daniels, C. B. (2012). 21st Century Motivation: the Power of Purpose. Saarbrucken: Lambert Academic Publishing.
- Proctor, S., and Daniels, C. B. (2020). Implementing Agile Project Management in the U.S. Department of Defense.SPACE INFRASTRUCTURES: FROM RISK TO RESILIENCE GOVERNANCE (pp. 337-359). Amsterdam: IOS Press.
- Daniels, C., and Lamarsh, W. Complexity as a Cause of Failure in Information Technology Project Management. ,2007 IEEE International Conference on System of Systems Engineering (pp. 1-7). doi:10.1109/SYSOSE.2007.4304225
- White, J. D., and Daniels, C. B. Continuous Cybersecurity Management Through Blockchain Technology.. 2019 IEEE Technology & Engineering Management Conference (TEMSCON).
- Bouazzaoui, S., and Daniels, C. B. (2018). Public policies and public decision making associated with the engineering field are set by individuals who does not possess expertise and knowledge to carry out these tasks. Most of decision makers are lawyers and social scientists, not engineers. The purpose of this paper is to analyze the various factors which either encourage or inhibit engineers from participating in public policy. In this study, a grounded theory approach will be followed, data will be collected using semi-structured interviews and analyzed using Nvivo software.. ,Proceedings of the 2018 ASEE North Central Section Conference (pp. 9). American Society of Engineering Education.
- Daniels, C. (1994). Journey to Excellence: The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.. NIST.
- Daniels, C. B. (1992). The Role of Metrics and Measurement in a Software Intensive Total Quality Management Environment. (pp. 29). Greenbelt, Maryland: NASA. Goddard Space Flight Center, Proceedings of the Seventeenth Annual Software Engineering Workshop.
- White, J., and Daniels, C. B. (June 11, 2019). Continuous Cyber Security Through Blockchain Technology Paper presented at TEMSCON 2019 Atlanta, GA.
- Daniels, C., and Castelle, K. (October 19, 2018). Engineering Ethics Workshop Lecture presented at 39th Annual International Conference for the American Society of Engineering Management Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
- Daniels, C., and Castelle, K. (March 15, 2018). Using Design Thinking and Agile for Delivering Value to Public Administration Lecture presented at Annual Symposium of the Amierican Society of Public Adminstration Norfolk, Virginia.
- Pazos-Lago, M., Handley, H., Daniels, C., Bullington, K., and Hester, P. T. (2011). Teaching interactively using web-conferencing: The student perspective presented at National Conference of the American Society for Engineering Management Lubbock, TX.
- Daniels, C. (February, 2006). Improving Leadership in a Technical Organization presented at NASA Project and Program Management Symposium.
- Daniels, C. (October, 2005). Improving Leadership in a Technical Organization presented at ASEM Conference.
- 2010: Golden Key International Honour Society, Old Dominion University
- 2010: Epsilon Mu Eta - Engineering Management Honor Society, Old Dominion University
- 1990: Safe Flight Awareness Award (Silver Snoopy), NASA Johnson Space Center
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Landaeta, R.; Rabadi, G.; Bowling, S. R.; Daniels, C.; Pazos-Lago, M.; Watson, G. S. "Deployment and Evaluation of a Customized Project Management Development Program for the US Army Core of Engineers-Norfolk District " $60,330. Federal. January, 2010 - June, 2010
- Landaeta, R.; Watson, G. S.; Daniels, C.; Parsons, V.; Bowling, S. R.; Pazos-Lago, M.; Rabadi, G. "Design of a Customized Project Management Development Program for the US Army Core of Engineers-Norfolk District (USACE-NAO) (Phase II). " $77,282. Federal. April 1, 2009 - May 1, 2010