Ph.D. in Kinesiology and Sport Studies, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, (2016)
M.Sc. in Exercise and Sport Science, East Carolina University, (2013)
B.Sc. in Physical Education, University of South Carolina Upstate, (2010)
Hip Joint Biomechanics in Dynamic High-Load Tasks;Muscular control of human movement; Musculoskeletal simulations of activities of daily living and athletic maneuvers; Influence of biomechanics on physical activity in special populations;
- Guangping, S., Songning, Z., Bennett, H., Martin, J. C., Crouter, S. E. and Fitzhugh, E. C. (2018). Effects of knee alignments and toe clip on frontal plane knee biomechanics in cycling. Journal of Sports Science & Medicine 17 (2) , pp. 312-321.
- Bennett, H., Weinhandl, J. T., Fleenor, K. and Zhang, S. (2018). Frontal plane tibiofemoral alignment is strongly related to compartmental knee joint contact forces and muscle control strategies during stair ascent. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering , pp. 33.
- Bennett, H. J., Shen, G., Cates, H. E. and Zhang, S. (2017). Effects of toe-in and toe-in with wider step width on level walking knee biomechanics in varus, valgus, and neutral knee alignments.. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise 49 (3) , pp. 563-572.
- Bennett, H., Zhang, S., Shen, G., Weinhandl, J. T., Paquette, M. R., Reinbolt, J. and Coe, D. P. (2017). Effects of Toe-In and Wider Step Width in Stair Ascent with Different Knee Alignments. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 49 (3) , pp. 563-572.
- Bennett, H. J., Shen, G., Weinhandl, J. T. and Zhang, S. (2016). Validation of the greater trochanter method with radiographic measurements of frontal plane hip joint centers and knee mechanical axis angles and two other hip joint center methods.. Journal of Biomechanics 49 (13) , pp. 3047-3051.
- Bennett, H. J., Brock, E., Brosnan, J. T., Sorochan, J. C. and Zhang, S. (2015). Effects of Two Football Stud Types on Knee and Ankle Kinetics of Single-Leg Land-Cut and 180° Cut Movements on Infilled Synthetic Turf.. Journal of Applied Biomechanics 31 (5) , pp. 309-317.
- Bennett, H. J., Rider, P. M., Domire, Z. J., DeVita, P. and Kulas, A. S. (2014). Heterogeneous fascicle behavior within the biceps femoris long head at different muscle activation levels.. Journal of Biomechanics 47 (12) , pp. 3050-3055.
- Brady, R. B., Sidiropoulos, A. N., Bennett, H., Rider, P. M., Marcellin-Little, D. J. and Devita, P. (2013). Evaluation of gait-related variables in lean and obese dogs at a trot.. American Journal Veterinary Research 74 (5) , pp. 757-762.
- Bennett, H. J., Fleenor, K. and Weinhandl, J. T. ( 2018). Comparisons of hip biomechanics during walking using four anatomical hip joint center prediction methods Oral Presentation South East Chapter ACSM Meeting Chattanooga, TN.
- Bennett, H., Weinhandl, J. T. and Zhang, S. ( 2017). Tibiofemoral alignment and knee joint contact forces during stair ascent are interrelated Oral Presentation South East Chapter ACSM Meeting Greenville, SC.
- Bennett, H., Shen, G., Cates, H. E. and Zhang, S. ( 2016). Effects of two level ground gait modifications on knee loading in varus, valgus, and neutral alignment groups Oral Presentation American Society of Biomechanics 40th Annual Meeting Raleigh, NC.
- Bennett, H. J., Sheng, G. and Zhang, S. ( 2015). Comparisons of Three Hip Joint Center Estimation Methods in Estimating Knee Mechanical Axis using Motion Capture Oral Presentation American Society of Biomechanics, 39th Annual Meeting Columbus, Ohio.
- Bennett, H., Brock, E., Brosnan, J. T., Sorochan, J. C. and Zhang, S. ( 2014). Stud Type Affects Knee Biomechanics on Infilled Synthetic Turf during a 180° Cut, but not during a Single-Leg Land-Cut Task Oral Presentation World Congress Biomechanics 7th Annual Meeting Boston, MA .
- Bennett, H., Rider, P., DeVita, P. and Kulas, A. ( 2013). Effects of Muscle Activation on Regional Fascicle Behavior of the Biceps Femoris Long Head Oral Presentation American Society of Biomechanics, 38th Annual Meeting Omaha, Nebraska.
- 2016: Chancellor’s Fellowship, University of Tennessee
- 2015: American Society Biomechanics Student Travel Award ,
- 2013: Journal of Biomechanics Award Runner-up, American Society of Biomechanics