MA New School for Social ResearchPh.D Boston University
Ph.D. in Philosophy, Boston University, (2016)
M.A. in Philosophy, Department of Philosophy, The New School, (2008)
B.A. in Philosophy and Religious Studies, College of the Holy Cross, (2003)
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research
- "College of Arts & Letters Summer Research Grant" $3,500. Old Dominion University. June 1, 2017 - August 1, 2017
- McDonald, M. (2018). Hysterical girls: Combat trauma as a feminist issue. IJFAB: International Journal of Feminist Approaches to Bioethics 11 (1) , pp. 3-22.
- Senecal, G. and McDonald, M. (2017). Mission completion, troop welfare and destructive idealism: A case study on the phenomenology of a combat veteran's social reintegration. New Male Studies 6 (2) , pp. 64-89.
- McDonald, M. (2017). Haunted by a Different Ghost: Rethinking Moral Injury. Essays in Philosophy 18 (2) , pp. 1-16.
- McDonald, M. (2013). Life as a Narrative: Re-thinking Strawson’s Anti-Narrative Stance. Philotheos 13 , pp. 219-237.
- McDonald, M. (2012). Trauma, Embodiment, and Narrative. Idealistic Studies 43 (2-3) , pp. 247-264.
- McDonald, M. (2010). On Emerson’s ‘Friendship’ Critical Companion to Ralph Waldo Emerson (pp. 112-116) New York: Facts on File.
- McDonald, M. (April , 2017). Honey, Please: Emerson & Merleau-Ponty on the Human Condition Paper Association for Core Texts and Courses Dallas, TX.
- McDonald, M. (April , 2017). Who Run The Word? Beyoncé & Bell Hooks – Feminism and the Subversion of Patriarchal Power Paper Popular Culture Association/American Culture Association San Diego.
- McDonald, M. (February , 2017). I’ll Meet You in the Overwhelm Paper Society for Humanistic Psychology Richmond, VA.
- McDonald, M. (November , 2016). PTSD, Imaging & Phenomenology Paper Philosophy of Science Association Biennial Meeting Atlanta, GA.
- McDonald, M. (September , 2016). Returning to the Lived Experience: Myopic Views of Mental Illness Paper Southeastern Ethics and Philosophy of Technology Charlotte, NC.
- 2016: Summer Fellowship Research Grant, Old Dominion University
- 2015: Research Grant, College of the Holy Cross
- 2012: Teaching Fellowship, Boston University
- 2010: Dissertation Fellowship, Boston University
- 2010: Outstanding Teaching Fellow Award, Boston University
- 2008: Metcalf Fellowship, Boston University
- 2005: Departmental Scholarship, New School for Social Research
- 2005: Research Assistantship, New School for Social Research