International Student Check-In
- Date/time (Multi-Day Event)
- 01/10/2013 - 01/10/2013
- Dragas Hall - 2006
- All new international students coming to ODU for the first time and international students returning to start a new academic program must check in with ISSS. An "international student" is an individual from another country who does not have a green card or a U.S. passport.
Check-in takes anywhere from 20 minutes to two hours, depending on the number of students who need to be processed. Please plan accordingly.
Required Documents/Information for Check-In for DEGREE-SEEKING Students
NOTE: If you do not have the items listed below, please wait until the next check-in day when you can bring them. If you are on a status that does not have one of the items below (e.g. H-4 visa holders don't have an I-20 or an I-901 receipt), please just bring all documents listed below that you have.
- your current U.S. address (even if temporary)
- your passport
- your I-94 card
- your I-901 SEVIS fee receipt (F-1 and J-1 visa holders only)
- all visa documentation (I-20, DS-2019 or proof of visa status change)
- for new graduate assistants: your offer letter with all of the required information
- any original documents that should be submitted to International Admissions (e.g. transcripts, diplomas or test scores; for clarification, please contact International Admissions directly