The Praxis I tutorials are provided to assist prospective teacher candidates to successfully complete the Praxis I assessment. Three tutorials are now available: Praxis I - Writing Tutorial; Reading Tutorial; Mathematics Tutorial
We ask that you read the instructions below, before you login. Also, we would like to encourage all students using this tutorial to provide feedback by completing the survey. At the end of each semester, each student who completed the survey will be eligible for a drawing of a gift certificate utilizing the UIN.
- Login by using your myODU Portal
- Click on the "Blackboard" button, located on the upper right of your screen
- 3. Click on the "My Professional Learning" tab, located on the top menu.
- On the left box, "Organization Search," type "Praxis" and click on the "GO!" button.
- Once you are on the "Browse Organization Catalog" webpage, you will see tutorial "08FA_TES_PraxisIPrepPraxis I Prep." At the end of this line, by the right margin, Click "Enroll;" click "Submit" on the next page; and then click "OK" on the next page.
- Please allow 24 hours for enrollment to take effect and allow access to this tutorial.
- Before you begin the tutorial, purchase the study guide: ETS The Praxis Series. (2003). Study Guide, PPST Pre-Professional Skills Tests: Reading, Writing, and Mathematics (2nd ed.) This study guide is available at the University Village Bookstore. If you need to order the study guide, contact Marc Katz, Manager, email@example.com.
- Check to ensure you are enrolled by following steps 1-3, above.
- On the upper right box, under "My Organizations", click on the link for the tutorial "Praxis I Prep".
- On the left menu, click on "Documents-Tutorials" to begin the tutorial. Follow the appropriate link for a tutorial.
- Once you have completed the tutorial, please complete the "Survey". We want to encourage all participants to provide feedback by completing this survey. At the end of each semester, each student who completed the survey will be eligible for a drawing of a gift certificate utilizing the UIN.