Download the Application
Deadline for Submission
5 p.m. on Friday, March 31, 2014. Any material submitted after the March 31 deadline will not be accepted.
The Broderick-Evon Award is one of the University's most presitgious honors and awards.
In 2011, Old Dominion University's 8th President John R. Broderick and First Lady Kate Broderick, with the help of other family members who choose to remain anonymous, established and endowed the Evon-Broderick Award for Community Engagement and Service in honor of their mothers Joan Evon and Ellen Broderick.
This esteemed honor recognizes ODU students, who like the award's namesakes, exemplify a commitment to service and civic engagement to the university and surrounding community through superior leadership and service.
The award is accompanied by a monetary gift and is given to Old Dominion University civically engaged students who exemplify the best of Monarch citizenship.
- The prize will be awarded to any sophomore, junior, or senior with at least 1 full academic year remaining who has displayed commitment to service and civic engagement to the university and surrounding community through superior leadership and service. Graduating seniors are eligible to apply if they will be attending Old Dominion University for graduate studies.
- All components of this application packet must arrive to the Office of Student Engagement & Enrollment Services (2008, Webb Center) by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 31, 2013. Any material submitted after the March 31 deadline will not be accepted.
- All attachments must be typed.
- Completed application may not exceed 10 pages.
- Do not staple or bind supplemental/supporting documents.
- Three letters of recommendation written by people who know the merits of your work or can cite examples of your character, leadership, and academic ability must accompany this application. Letters should be written by faculty members, advisors, or supervisors. Each letter must contain the individuals contact information, their relationship to you, and the length of time they have known you, must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the established deadline.
- All participants are encouraged to have their materials reviewed by the Career Management Center and the ODU Writing Center, prior to submission. Grammar, punctuation and clarity will be evaluated. For assistance contact:
Career Management Center: Nakia Madry-Smith (email@example.com)
Writing Center: April Cobos (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Before submission, please indicate if you will be able to attend the Student Award Dinner on May 8, 2014 and list attendees.