As a result of attending the Morning Welcome, you will:
- Feel excited for the rest of the day.
- Feel like part of the Monarch community.
- Understand how to use technology to enhance your Preview experience.
As a result of attending the College Presentation, you will:
- Understand the degree programs offered by your college.
- Understand your academic requirements.
- Feel adequately prepared to choose classes during registration.
- Know the benefits of graduating in four years and how to plan for it.
- Campus Safety
- ODU Classroom 101
- Computing on Campus
- Getting Involved
- Health and Wellness
- On-Campus Housing
- Paying Tuition
- Taking Care of Business
- Honors College
1. As a result of attending the Campus Safety session, you will:
- Learn tips for protecting yourself on and off-campus.
- Learn how to protect your valuables and personal property.
- Learn how and who to contact someone in case of emergency.
- Know the definition of interpersonal violence (IPV).
- Know where to receive help if you experience IPV.
- Know how you can make a difference for a safer campus
2. As a result of attending ODU Classroom 101, you will:
- Understand the difference between high school and college classrooms.
- Learn (from a professor) tips for being successful.
- Feel more comfortable approaching professors for assistance.
3. As a result of attending Computing on Campus, you will:
- Understand the technology services and support offered on campus.
- Understand your online accounts and their purposes.
- Be familiar with our technology policies and cyber safety.
- Be familiar with notebook models and support available through Mobile Monarch.
4. As a result of attending Getting Involved, you will:
- Understand the value of campus involvement.
- Be able to list several ways to get involved on campus.
- Be familiar with tracking campus involvement on a co-curricular transcript.
- Be familiar with Week of Welcome (WOW) activities.
- Be able to name campus traditions and spirit activities.
5. As a result of attending Health and Wellness, you will:
- Know how to complete the health history/immunization forms.
- Be able to list several tips for staying healthy in college.
- Understand common health factors that affect academic performance.
- Be able to explain the relationship between GPA and alcohol consumption.
6. As a result of attending On-Campus Housing, you will:
- Be able to identify ways to become engaged as a Monarch resident citizen.
- Know how to access information about move-in and opening.
- Be aware of the types of residence life members in the halls.
- Know how your living experience connects to your academic success.
7. As a result of attending Paying Tuition, you will:
- Learn the tuition and payment plan deadlines.
- Know how to access your billing statement online.
- Know how to designate authorized users in Touchnet.
- Understand the university's eRefund option.
8. As a result of attending Taking Care of Business, you will:
- Understand how meal plans work.
- Be prepared to choose the meal plan that's right for you.
- Know where to use your meal plan on campus.
- Know your options for rental and digital textbooks.
- Understand how to purchase a parking decal.
9. As a result of attending the Honors College session, you will:
- Learn the requirements to remain in the Honors College.
- Learn the benefits of being in the Honors College.
- Learn how the Honors College advising fits into your academic plan.
- Be prepared for the afternoon advising session.
As a result of attending the Monarch Showcase, you will:
- Have a better idea of the student organizations you can join.
- Have your questions about an office or service answered.
As a result of attending a walk-in appointment with a Financial Aid Representative, you will:
Receive assistance with questions about your student financial account.
As a result of attending the Student Group Meeting, you will:
- Meet and interact with students in your academic college.
- Get to know your Preview Counselor(s).
As a result of attending the Pre-Registration Technology Workshop, you will:
- Be able to navigate Leo Online to search for classes.
- Know how to add and drop classes.
- Be comfortable accessing Leo Online to make changes from home.
As a result of attending Afternoon Registration, you will:
- Know what courses you're taking for the upcoming semester.
- Feel confident that you've selected the appropriate courses for your major.
- Learn your academic advisor's name.
As a result of attending Dynamics of Change, you will:
- Learn more about resources and services provided by Student Transition and Family Programs.
As a result of attending The Rhythm of College Life, you will:
- Understand the concerns your student may face throughout the academic year.
- Feel better prepared to support your student throughout the academic year.
As a result of attending ODU From a Student Perspective, you will:
- Learn practical tips on navigating campus from current students.