In order to play, your ODU/EVMS ID must:
- Be your own ODU/EVMS ID
- Have you picture clearly visible
- Have your name clearly visible
- Have your UIN clearly visible
Driver's license or other photo idetificiation cards will not be accepted.
Release your inner professional athlete through ODU's Intramural Program. A variety of activities offered throughout the year include leagues, team tournaments, individual tournaments and special events. All intramural programs are free and open to all ODU students as well as Faculty and Staff Members.
- Complete the league or tournament registration form in its entirety
- Bring completed registration form to the SRC during designated registration dates and times
- Select your play time on a first-come-first-served basis
Interamural sports are split into five different divisions and each division then plays at their selected level of competition.
Men's, Women's, Co-Rec (all Co-Rec teams must play with an equal number or a difference of only one more man than woman or vice versa on the field/court), Greek (teams from affiliated fraternities and sororities), Residence Life (teams from on-campus housing)
Basketball, softball, indoor soccer, outdoor soccer, flag football, rock climbing, floor hockey, volleyball, field hockey
Intramural Sport Leagues Offered:
Highly competitive, competitive, and fun levels
Intramural Tournaments Offered:
Badminton, table tennis, team handball, racquetball, kickball, walleyball, flag football, wiffelball
Slam Dunk, Lay Up, 3-Point Shot, and so much more! (Awesome prizes for all the winners)
- Each student must sign a RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK WAIVER (which releases the university and university employees and officers of liability in case of bodily injury).
- All Full-time Students (undergraduate and graduate enrolled continuously in at least 3 credit hours), faculty and staff (that own a valid membership to the Student Recreation Center).
- Any person having been classified as a PROFESSIONAL athlete in a particular sport will not be eligible to participate in that sport or a related sport. They may, however, participate in other non-related activities.
- Current members of ODU varsity roster for intercollegiate athletic teams are not eligible to participate in that same sport or a related sport for that academic school year.
- Individuals who are trying out for an intercollegiate team but who are not on a permanent roster will be permitted to participate until they are placed on a permanent roster. If they are placed on a permanent roster they will then become ineligible for that sport.
- Red shirted athletes will not be eligible to play that same or related sport.
- A former varsity athlete from any institution will be ineligible to compete in that sport for the academic school year. Such individuals are limited to one per team roster.
- Current sport club members listed on a sport club roster with the Recreation and Wellness office, are limited to two (2) per team roster and are ineligible for individual/dual activities in his/her related sport.
- Once a player has played in a game for a specific team, he/she will not be permitted to play on any other teams within that division/league for the duration of that season and/or tournament. A player can only play for one (1) single sex team and one (1) co-rec team. Penalty: Any game(s) in which the illegal player has participated in will result in a FORFEIT.
Team Name Guidelines
When registering for team leagues and tournaments the captain may select a team name for their team's designation. Please be creative, we encourage unique team names with the following stipulations:
No vulgar, profane or derogatory language
No references to drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or violence
No sexual references or innuendos
No confusing terms such as BYE or canceled, etc.
Teams with an inappropriate team name will be notified and given an opportunity to provide an appropriate name. In the event an appropriate name is not provided the Intramural Staff will create a team name and notify the captain of the change. Teams will not be allowed to compete while wearing team apparel with inappropriate names or pictures.
Team Captain's Meeting
Attendance of a Captain's meeting is mandatory for all team activities on the Intramural Calendar.
A team representative must be present at the meeting. A team representative can be any member of your team.
Failure to attend the captain's meeting will result in the removal of the team from the league or tournament bracket and placed on the waitlist.
Captains will be responsible for all Intramural Sports policies for that particular event. Captains must also provide all information from the intramural department to their team members.
For additional information regarding our policies and procedures please refer to the Intramural Handbook.
Uniform and Jewelry Policy
Jewelry is not allowed to be worn by any participant during an Intramural contest. This includes any rings, watches, necklaces, earrings, bracelets and any other such similar jewelry. The following pieces of jewelry are permissible but must be secured to the body: medical bracelets and religious jewelry. The officials and supervisors on duty have the authority to disallow any participant from participating that they feel would endanger the person wearing the jewelry or their opponents until it is removed.
Headgear is not allowed to be worn by any participant during an Intramural contest. For INDOOR sports, this headgear includes: any hats, bandanas, baseball caps, winter/wool hats, and any other similar headgear. This also applies to OUTDOOR sports with the following exceptions: winter/wool hats are allowed. The officials and supervisors on duty have the authority to disallow any participant from participating that they feel would endanger the person wearing the headgear or their opponents until it is removed.
Additional Safety Information
NONE of the following are allowed to be worn by any participant during an Intramural contest:
Street pants (jeans, khakis, etc.)
A guard, cast or brace made of hard leather, plaster, metal or any other hard substance, even though covered with soft padding when worn on the elbow, hand, finger, wrist or forearm.
Interested in Intramurals but don't have a team? No Problem!!! You can register as a free agent by completing the free agent form. The following options are available for individuals looking for a team:
Will provide all captains a list of available free agents.
Attend Captain's Meeting to meet team captains and advertise yourself to teams looking for players.
Wait for a team captain to contact you.
Show up at venue during the regular season and ask to join a team which you are eligible for.
As a reminder, we do not guarantee that you will be placed on a team.
Weather and Other Notifications
Cancellations due to weather will be made by 4pm game day; a member of the Intramural Staff will be in contact with your team captain usually by phone. If a decision due to severe weather can be made much earlier in the day an e-mail will be sent to team captains. Game time weather decisions can be made by the supervisor on duty in the event inclement weather is present during an intramural event. All games will be rescheduled based on availability of facility space.
Forfeit Bond Policy
The Forfeit Bond will be charged if a team forfeits a game during preseason, regular season, or post-season play. If a team knows they will not have enough players for their scheduled game, they must call the Recreation and Wellness Office 24hrs in advance from the time of their scheduled game, this will result in a default, instead of a forfeit and your team will not be charged the Forfeit Bond.
- A FORFEIT CONSTITUTES AS:
- NOT PROVIDING 24-HOUR NOTICE OF CANCELLATION
- NO-SHOW TO A SCHEDULED CONTEST
- (2) DEFAULTS (DEFAULT = PROVIDING 24-HOUR NOTICE OF CANCELLATION).
Please Contact Brandon below if you need to default your scheduled game:
Brandon Adams - Assistant Director of Intramurals
Phone - 757-683-3764
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org