In order to play, your ODU/EVMS ID must:
- Be your own ODU/EVMS ID
- Have you picture clearly visible
- Have your name clearly visible
- Have your UIN clearly visible
Driver's license or other photo idetificiation cards will not be accepted.
Old Dominion University has one of the most active intramural programs in the region, serving more than 6,000 participants each year. Both recreational and competitive leagues are offered for men's, women's, Greek (teams from affiliated fraternities and sororities) co-recreational, and Residence Life (teams from on-campus housing) The mission of the program is to provide exercise, recreation, competition, and fun to all participants and ODU employees in a relaxed, yet structured environment. It is our goal to keep the excitement of competition alive while placing emphasis on having fun, good sportsmanship, and fair play among all teams and individuals which are vital to our program.
Intramural programs consist of individual and team leagues, individual and team tournaments, and special events. Each championship individual or team will receive an intramural championship t-shirt and earn a spot on the "Wall of Champions" located in the Student Recreation Center.
To register for an intramual leagues, tourament or special event list below, simply CLICK HERE.
FALL 2014 INTRAMURAL SPORTS PROGRAMS
- 6v6 DODGEBALL TOURNAMENT
- TABLE TENNIS TOURNAMENT
- BADMINTON TOURNAMENT
- 4v4 FLAG FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT
- SAND VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT
- NBA 2K14 XBOX TOURNAMENT (NEW)
- FIFA 14 XBOX TOURNAMENT (NEW)
- 5v5 BASKETBALL LEAGUE
- FLOOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
- 6v6 VOLLEYBALL LEAGUE
- 7v7 WORLD CUP SOCCER LEAGUE
- SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL LEAGUE
|Sport||Who||Team Creation||Registration Dates||League Run/Start Date(s)
|6v6 Dodgeball Tournament||Men, Women & Co-Rec||Sunday, January 19 - Sunday, February 2||Wednesday, February 5 - Thursday, February 6|
|Table Tennis Tournament||Men & Women||Sunday, January 26 - Wednesday, February 5||Friday, February 7|
|Badminton Tournament||Men & Women||Sunday, March 23 - Wednesday, April 2||Friday, April 4|
|4v4 Flag Football Tournament||Men, Women & Co-Rec||Sunday, March 16 - Monday, March 31||Sunday April 6 and Sunday, April 13|
|Sand Volleyball Tournament||Men, Women & Co-Rec||Sunday, April 6 - Monday, April 21||Sunday, April 27|
|NBA 2K14 Xbox Tournament||Men & Women||Sunday, January 5 - Monday, January 20||Wednesday, January 22 - Thursday, January 23|
|FIFA 12 Xbox Tournament||Men & Women||Sunday, March 2 - Sunday, March 17||Wednesday, March 19 - Thursday, March 20|
|5v5 Basketball League||Men, Women & Co-Rec||Sunday, December 8||Sunday, December 29 - Monday, January 13||Tuesday, January 21 - Friday, March 6|
|Floor Hockey League||Men & Co-Rec||Sunday, February 2||Sunday, February 9 - Monday, February 17||Monday, February 24 - Tuesday, March 27|
|6v6 Volleyball League||Men, Women & Co-Rec||Sunday, February 16||Sunday, February 23 - March 3||Monday, March 17 - Sunday, April 27|
|7v7 World Cup Soccer League||Men, Women & Co-Rec||Sunday, February 23||Sunday, March 2 - Monday, March 17||Sunday, March 23 - Sunday, April 29|
|Slow Pitch Softball League||Men, Women & Co-Rec||Sunday, February 23||Sunday, March 2 - Monday, March 17||Sundays, March 23 - April 27|
***All Intramural sport rules and captain's meeting information is located on IMleagues.com/ODU***
- Each student must sign a RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK WAIVER (which releases the university and university employees and officers of liability in case of bodily injury).
- All Full-time Students (undergraduate and graduate enrolled continuously in at least 3 credit hours), faculty and staff (that own a valid membership to the Student Recreation Center).
- Any person having been classified as a PROFESSIONAL athlete in a particular sport will not be eligible to participate in that sport or a related sport. They may, however, participate in other non-related activities.
- Current members of ODU varsity roster for intercollegiate athletic teams are not eligible to participate in that same sport or a related sport for that academic school year.
- Individuals who are trying out for an intercollegiate team but who are not on a permanent roster will be permitted to participate until they are placed on a permanent roster. If they are placed on a permanent roster they will then become ineligible for that sport.
- Red shirted athletes will not be eligible to play that same or related sport.
- A former varsity athlete from any institution will be ineligible to compete in that sport for the academic school year. Such individuals are limited to one per team roster.
- Current sport club members listed on a sport club roster with the Recreation and Wellness office, are limited to two (2) per team roster and are ineligible for individual/dual activities in his/her related sport.
- Once a player has played in a game for a specific team, he/she will not be permitted to play on any other teams within that division/league for the duration of that season and/or tournament. A player can only play for one (1) single sex team and one (1) co-rec team. Penalty: Any game(s) in which the illegal player has participated in will result in a FORFEIT.
Team Name Guidelines
When registering for team leagues and tournaments the captain may select a team name for their team's designation. Please be creative, we encourage unique team names with the following stipulations:
No vulgar, profane or derogatory language
No references to drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or violence
No sexual references or innuendos
No confusing terms such as BYE or canceled, etc.
Teams with an inappropriate team name will be notified and given an opportunity to provide an appropriate name. In the event an appropriate name is not provided the Intramural Staff will create a team name and notify the captain of the change. Teams will not be allowed to compete while wearing team apparel with inappropriate names or pictures.
Uniform and Jewelry Policy
Jewelry is not allowed to be worn by any participant during an Intramural contest. This includes any rings, watches, necklaces, earrings, bracelets and any other such similar jewelry. The following pieces of jewelry are permissible but must be secured to the body: medical bracelets and religious jewelry. The officials and supervisors on duty have the authority to disallow any participant from participating that they feel would endanger the person wearing the jewelry or their opponents until it is removed.
Headgear is not allowed to be worn by any participant during an Intramural contest. For INDOOR sports, this headgear includes: any hats, bandanas, baseball caps, winter/wool hats, and any other similar headgear. This also applies to OUTDOOR sports with the following exceptions: winter/wool hats are allowed. The officials and supervisors on duty have the authority to disallow any participant from participating that they feel would endanger the person wearing the headgear or their opponents until it is removed.
Additional Safety Information
NONE of the following are allowed to be worn by any participant during an Intramural contest:
Street pants (jeans, khakis, etc.)
A guard, cast or brace made of hard leather, plaster, metal or any other hard substance, even though covered with soft padding when worn on the elbow, hand, finger, wrist or forearm.
Interested in Intramurals but don't have a team? No Problem!!! You can register as a free agent by completing the free agent form. The following options are available for individuals looking for a team:
Will provide all captains a list of available free agents.
Attend Captain's Meeting to meet team captains and advertise yourself to teams looking for players.
Wait for a team captain to contact you.
Show up at venue during the regular season and ask to join a team which you are eligible for.
As a reminder, we do not guarantee that you will be placed on a team.
Weather and Other Notifications
Cancellations due to weather will be made by 4pm game day; a member of the Intramural Staff will be in contact with your team captain usually by phone. If a decision due to severe weather can be made much earlier in the day an e-mail will be sent to team captains. Game time weather decisions can be made by the supervisor on duty in the event inclement weather is present during an intramural event. All games will be rescheduled based on availability of facility space.
Forfeit Bond Policy
The Forfeit Bond will be charged if a team forfeits a game during preseason, regular season, or post-season play. If a team knows they will not have enough players for their scheduled game, they must call the Recreation and Wellness Office 24hrs in advance from the time of their scheduled game, this will result in a default, instead of a forfeit and your team will not be charged the Forfeit Bond.
- A FORFEIT CONSTITUTES AS:
- NOT PROVIDING 24-HOUR NOTICE OF CANCELLATION
- NO-SHOW TO A SCHEDULED CONTEST
- (2) DEFAULTS (DEFAULT = PROVIDING 24-HOUR NOTICE OF CANCELLATION).
Please Contact Brandon below if you need to default your scheduled game:
Brandon Adams - Assistant Director of Intramurals
Phone - 757-683-3764
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org