Check out a Bike through the SRC at the Outdoor Adventure Program office!
Bike ODU is Old Dominion University's bike share program, open to students, faculty and staff.
Saturday & Sunday 10-4pm
Bicycling Around Norfolk
Learn more about Norfolk's efforts at creating a bike-friendly city.
Bike riders are subject to all of the City of Norfolk's traffic regulations.
Old Dominion University offers free bicycle registration, which is available 24 hours a day. Registering your bicycle can reduce the risk of your bicycle being stolen, and greatly increases the chances of your bicycle being recovered if it is stolen. For more information about registering your bicycle FREE OF CHARGE, call the ODU Police Department for more details at 757.683.4003.
Parking and Traffic Control
Parking or securing of bicycles in any location other than bicycle racks is prohibited. Bikes locked in an unauthorized area (i.e., handicap ramp, University signs, etc.) are subject to removal by the Department of Public Safety. All bicycles parked in violation of these regulations will be locked with a Campus Police lock.
Operating a bicycle recklessly or at a speed or in a manner so as to endanger the life, limb, or property of the rider or other person is prohibited.
- Use your head! Wear a helmet and you can reduce your risk of injury by 85%!
- Signal! Use hand signals before turning. Signal as a matter of law, courtesy, and selfprotection.
- Ride single-file and in a straight line.
- Don't weave between cars!
- Cyclists must stop at STOP signs.
- Cyclists must obey all traffic signs and signals.
- Headlights and/or reflectors are required at night.