Homesteading is the process by which students retain his/her current room for the 2014-2015 academic year. If you completed the housing application by the deadline, you will receive a room reservation timeslot for participation in the Homesteading phase of the Room Selection Process.
At your scheduled time (you will not be able to access the system prior to your reserved time), you will be able to access the ODU Housing Portal, to select your housing assignment for the 2014-2015 academic year and pull in other students to fill the room/suite/apartment. Please note that your preferred roommates must have completed an application by the February 4, 2014 deadline in order to participate in the Return Housing process. If you miss your scheduled time slot, you will be able to access the ODU Housing Portal until 8:00pm on Friday, February 7, 2014 to retain your room.
- The Homesteading process allows students to sign up for their current room for the 2014-2015 agreement period.
- In order to participate in the Homesteading process, you must completely fill your apartment/suite with students eligible to participate in the Return Housing process.
- If you are unable to fill a room/suite/apartment to 100% capacity, you will have to participate in one of the Individual Room Selection processes.
- Current off-campus students, transfer students, incoming freshmen, and current on-campus students who didn't meet the February 4, 2014 deadline cannot be pulled in as roommates during the Return Housing process.
- Please make sure to refer to the Room Selection Guide (linked above) to review the details and instructions for completing the room selection process.
- To renew your current space, please log onto the ODU Housing Portal during your scheduled time. After logging into the portal, select the "Renew Current Suite" option.
- Once you access the "Renew Current Suite" page, select your current room assignment and hit the "Save and Continue" button and follow the prompts on the next page to assign you and your preferred roommates a space.
- Once you have assigned all of the bedspaces, you will select a meal plan for 2014-2015
- After you have selected a meal plan, you will need to confirm that you accept the room assignment selected. Please note that your roommates will need to log into the ODU Housing Portal on Saturday, February 8, 2014 to confirm and accept their room assignment. If the room assignment is not confirmed on February 8, 2014, the room assignment will be cancelled.
Wednesday, February 5, 2014 12:00pm-5:00pm Dominion, Ireland, Virginia, and the Inn
Thursday, February 6, 2014 9:00am-5:00pm University Village
Friday, February 7, 2014 9:00am-3:30pm Powhatan & Nusbaum
Please note that the portal will remain open until 8:00pm on Friday, February 7, 2014 for room selection.