Reserve a Ride!
ORRequest a Ride Online Here
Instructions for telephone requests:
The first time you call from a phone, RideCell will ask you for some basic information or you can select zero (0) to speak to a dispatcher who will enter your trip request. After you make your first request, RideCell will recognize you when you call again from the same number.
- Once your request is processed, you will receive an automated call back confirming your request.
- When the driver arrives at your pickup location, you will receive a second automated call stating the driver is outside waiting. You will have 2 minutes to meet your driver before they depart for other pickups.
- If you miss your ride, you will receive another call back informing you the driver has left, but you may speak to the dispatcher to request another pickup by pressing zero (0).
Need a ride home tonight? Use SafeRide!
Monday - Sunday: Sunset to 2:30AM
SAFE RIDE's mission is to provide safe transportation for students, faculty and staff who would otherwise have to walk alone at night. SafeRide helps the ODU community get home safely.
SafeRide is adjusting operating hours to provide earlier service to the University community. Starting Thursday August 21st, SafeRide will operate from Sunset to 2:30 AM. SafeRide will follow this schedule until the last day of service before Spring Break. During Spring Break, there will not be SafeRide service, however operations will resume on the Sunday before classes begin again.
During operating hours SafeRide trip requests can be made:
via the ODU Mobile App
online at www.odu.edu/life/health-safety/saferide
via phone at (757) 683-3477
During the business day, contact Transportation and Parking Services at (757) 683-4004 for more information.To request a ride, customers call 683-3477.
- There are no operations when the university is closed, during holidays, or during spring break.
- When SAFE RIDE is not in operation, customers may call the police non-emergency phone number (683-4000) for ODU Escort Services, or police escort.
- Two full-size passenger vans are regularly used to transport customers, additional vehicles will be added based upon demand
- SafeRide operating area coincides with the ODU Police concurrent jurisdictional boundaries: 38th Street to Magnolia Avenue and Colley Avenue to the Elizabeth River
- SafeRide is designed to transport individuals safely home. SafeRide does not transport to locations such as a restaurant, shopping center, bar, airport, train station, or bus terminal.
- Riders may be refused or asked to leave the vehicle for belligerent, aggressive, or other unsafe behavior or activities.
- No smoking, drinking, or eating while traveling on SafeRide.
- SafeRide does not provide transportation to individuals needing medical attention, including the severely intoxicated. EMS services should be contacted instead.