Assistance For Alcohol Related Concerns
Have you ever...
- Worried about your own or someone else's drinking?
- Experienced problems related to your own or someone else's drinking?
- Wondered how your parents' drinking while you were growing up has affected you?
You are not alone.
Resources available to help you address these concerns
- Old Dominion University Counseling Services, (757) 683-4401 (also has information about additional resources in the community)
- Old Dominion University Student Health Services, (757) 683-3132
- Alcoholics Anonymous, (757) 490-3980
- Narcotics Anonymous, (757) 459-8467
- Alcohol Abuse 24-hour Addiction Assessment Information & Treatment Helpline, (800) 441-2731
Concerned about the impact of the drinking of someone close to you:
- Al-Anon Information Service, (800) 344-2666 (for family members and friends of people
having trouble with drinking)
- Old Dominion University STAR (Students Teaching Alcohol Responsibility), (757) 683-5927
If you are interested in talking individually with a counselor or joining a support group to deal with Adult Children of Alcoholics (ACOA) issues, come into the Office of Counseling Services, 1526 Webb Center, North Wing or call (757) 683-4401. All services are confidential.