What is the ODU SART?
The ODU SART is a coordinated team of professionals who are committed to providing sexual assault resources, support services, and education to ODU students, faculty, and staff.
The mission of the ODU SART is to ensure a sensitive and competent multi-disciplinary response, to support efforts to restore well-being to the victim, and to bring the responsible person(s) to justice.
The ODU SART serves these essential purposes:
It organizes the process of intervention and reviews & makes recommendations about policies and protocols related to sexual assault.
It organizes the campus response to sexual assault by bringing togrether campus and community offices to ensure a collaborative and effective response to victims.
Goals of SART
- Ensure competent, coordinated, and effective intervention
- Uphold the ODU Sexual Assault Policy
- Provide a sensitive and caring response to survivors of sexual assault by all offices
- Ensure cultural competency
- Ensure complete, consistent, and accurate case investigations
- Ensure medical and forensic examinations and follow-up care
- Provide crisis intervention and follow-up conseling referrals
- Effectively support the mission of the criminal justice system
- Effectively support all students involved in a sexual assault case/investigation
The ODU SART consists of the first responders to a sexual assault victim as well as department members who are a part of the established Sexual Assault Protocol and who have influence on the protocols in place. Find out more about our SART members on the ODU SART E-Source below.
Becoming a Member
Please contact the SAFE Coordinator, Joann Bautti-Roche, at the Women's Center for more information about your office or organization joining the ODU SART at 757-683-4109 or email@example.com.
ODU SART Subcommittees
SART Subcommittees are developed on an "as needed" basis as issues arise and are subsequently resolved. Subcommittees have addressed the following: SAIR Form Revision, ODU Policy, and Member Development. Contact the SAFE Coordinator, Joann Bautti-Roche, for more information at 757-683-4109 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ODU SART E-Source
The E-Source is an online ODU SART member directory of campus and community resources related to sexual assault.
The E-Souce can:
- Provide an ODU student, faculty, or staff member with resources and support related to sexual assault. Remember, you are not alone; there are people who are here to help.
- Serve as a source of information for campus and community offices responding to sexual assault. Get a comprehensive list of resources available to sexual assault victims at ODU.