[ skip to content ]

Request for New I-20/DS-2019

Request for New I-20/DS-2019 (students only)

This form is for all CURRENT F-1 or J-1 visa holders at Old Dominion
who are requesting a new I-20 or DS-2019. It may also be used by individuals who have met with a VISA advisor in our office and have been instructed to submit the form.


REQUESTING A CHANGE OF STATUS? If you currently do not have an F-1 visa, please enter 0s here. If you are on a NATO/A-2 visa, you must also update your home country address.

If requesting an I-20/DS-2019 for a change of status, will you apply to change in the U.S. or at a U.S. consulate overseas?

Does your SEVIS U.S. address match this address above?*

If you answered "No," you must submit your updated address via the SEVIS U.S. Address Update form (click here or locate on the FORMS page of our web site.)

UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS: Have you taken *and* passed your Writing Exit Exam?

Current Visa Status*

Do you have dependents on your visa document?*

NOTE: If your dependents have left the U.S. permanently, please provide documentation to ISSS as we are required, by law, to terminate their SEVIS record. Documentation can be in the form of a travel itinerary or a scan of the stamp given when they entered your home country.

Do you work on campus?*

If "yes," who pays you?

What is the purpose of this request?*

IF YOU ARE REQUESTING AN EXTENSION OF YOUR CURRENT FORM: Extensions may not be processed until 30 days before your document expires. If you have a special circumstance where you may need your paperwork earlier than that, please contact VISA. Your document can be extended for a maximum of two semesters for Master's students and three for Bachelors and PhD students). Your electronic request must be followed up with two items:

1) financial documentation (assistantship letter, bank statement, etc.);

2) Recommendation for Extension of Visa Document ; the student portion is must be filled out online

Please select the option that describes your CURRENT academic program.