[ skip to content ]
How to change your major to or from Health Sciences:
- Collect information about your new intended major. Google it. Learn all you can about it. Talk to your family and friends about it. Talk with your Career Management advisor to determine if this would be a profession that you might enjoy after graduating.
- Print a copy of the curriculum sheet for the new major to see what courses are required and if you might enjoy those classes.
- Print a copy of the DegreeWorks in your personal Student Records account and see how your earned credits work toward your new intended major.
- Brainstorm questions as you are doing 1-2-3 above. Write them down so you do not forget them.
- Pull the Advisor Directory for ODU and get the advisor's name, location, phone number and e-mail.
- Arrange an appointment with this new advisor before the busy March/April and Oct/Nov pre-registration advising times so that the advisor and you can leisurely chat about the new major and you can get all of your questions answered.
- Arrange a pre-registration appointment with the new advisor in the Oct/Nov and/or Mar/Apr advising times. Go to your advising appointment fully prepared:
- With your new major curriculum sheet
- With your personal DegreeWorks for that new major
- With your schedule planned for the next semester
- With any additional questions
- After checking your "View Holds" screen
- After checking your "Registration Time Ticket"
- Ask your advisor to code your new major when you know you want to stay with it.
- Enjoy your new major!