- History & Social Justice
- Personal Fitness & Health
- Pre-clinical Psychology
- Crisis Communication & Climate Change
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Public Journalism in Digital Age
- Positive Communication
- Environmental Stewardship
- Writing for College Success
- Writing for College Success in Engineering
- Biology that Matters
- Disruptive Technologies in Healthcare
- Forensic Psychology & the Serial Killer
- Advanced Chemistry & Research Apprenticeship
- Creative Writing & Literary Research
- SCI-WRI: Research Writing in the Sciences
- Health Professions
Creative Writing & Literary Research - ALL MAJORS
Students will use reading and writing to explore the interconnections between real-life objects/experiences and the invention of fictional worlds. The goal of this class is nothing less than to learn how reading and writing literature leads to transformative insights-how creative exploration depends on observation and research, point of view, truth, and the role of the senses in writing and writing. Along with on-going craft analysis of published works, students will engage with writing and research in a creative way, producing several original creative works over the course of the semester.
- 13164 ENGL 112L INTRODUCTION TO LITERATURE, MW 3:00-4:15PM, DRGS 2104
Note: All URLC courses have registration blocks to ensure that they are reserved for URLC participants.
Students are encouraged to contact UGRlearningcommunities@odu.edu or the Honors College (3-4865) if interested in joining or learning more about an Undergraduate Research Learning Community. The HC will be happy to help first-year students find the right URLC.