Proposal Submission Deadlines
- Friday, October 25, 2013: Faculty submit proposals to their Dean
- Monday, November 18, 2013: Deans submit proposals to the Office of Research
Please carefully read the SEECR RFP for details on content and submission of the proposal.
SRFP and SRFP Proposal Administrative Form (REQUIRED)
The goal of the SEECR (pronounced "seeker") program is to inspire greater numbers of collaborations among faculty and to assist pairs of faculty in obtaining pilot data as background for submission of proposals to federal funding agencies.
Eligible applicants are tenure-track and tenured ODU faculty. The project must constitute a new collaboration, be multidisciplinary and involve faculty from two difference colleges. Proposals from faculty in the same college will be considered if they represent different departments and the research is multidisciplinary.
The award includes a stipend of $6,000 for the summer effort. In addition, up to $5,000 will be available to the pair for supplies, equipment, or student research assistants.
2013 SEECR Award Recipients
- Stephen Burgin (STEM Education & Professional Studies) and Alonzo Flowers (Educational Foundations & Leadership), "Biofuels Research Apprenticeship at ODU: An Authentic Experience for Underrepresented High School Students in Science & Engineering."
- Jong Chool Park (Accounting) and Harris Wu (Information Technology/Decision Sciences) "Impact of Information Comparability on Corporate Takeover."
- Chen Y. Lin (Mechanical Engineering), Yuzhong Shen (Modeling, Simulation & Visualization Engineering), and Mileta Tomovic (Engineering Technology), "Hands-on Wiring Software for Automation Control."