[ skip to content ]
- Hameeda Sultana
- Assistant Professor
- Department of Biological Sciences
- 202m Mills Godwin Bldg
- Web Page
- Yale University School of Medicine,
Postdoctoral Associate, HHMI postdoctoral Associate and Associate Research Scientist (ARS)
- University of Cologne,
Major: Medical Biochemistry
Degree: Ph. D.
- Bangalore University,
Major: Applied Genetics
- Bangalore University,
- Infectious Diseases, Flaviviruses, Arthropod-borne Diseases, Host Immune Responses, Host-pathogen Interactions and microbe induced cellular mechanisms.
- Virology, Vaccine development, immunology, Host-pathogen interactions, Cellular Microbiology, Cell signaling
- 2014: Delegate speaker, BIT’s 4th Annual World Congress of Molecular & Cell Biology, Dalian, China
- 2014: Delegate Speaker, Genomics 2014, International conference on Genomics and pharmacogenomics, Raleigh, NC, USA.
- 2014: Invited contributor, Review,journal of Archivum Immunologiae et Therapiae Experimentalis
- 2014: Invited speaker, Frank Reidy Reseacrch Centre for Bioelectrics, Old Dominion University
- 2014: Organizing Chair, Entomological Soceity of America
- 2014: Organizing Member, Genomics 2014, International conference on Genomics and pharmacogenomics, Raleigh, NC, USA.
- 2013: Invited as renowned speaker, -International Conference on Animal & Diary Sciences, Las Vegas, NV, USA
- 2013: Invited contributor, Book Chapter, on Recent Developments in Biotechnology, Ed: J.N. Govil, Studium Press LLC, USA.
- 2013: Invited contributor, Review, Microbiology Insgihts, Libertas Academia Press
- 2013: Invited Editorial Member, Microbiology Insgihts, Libertas Academia Press
- 2012: First authored Featured article & Radio commentary, Journal of Immunology
- 2010: RO3 award, NIH/NIAID
- 2009: Research Postdoctoral Associate award, Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- 2006: Anderson-Bridge Gap postdoctoral fellowship award, Yale University School of Medicine
- 2005: Invited speaker, Meeting on Cell Polarity in different model systems, Germany
- 2004: Travel grant (6th Young Scientist Meeting, “Cytoskeletal Dynamics”, Heidelberg, Germany), Insitute for Biochemistry I, University of Cologne, Germany
- 2004: Travel grant (International Conference of German Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Münster, Germany), Insitute for Biochemistry I, University of Cologne, Germany
- 2003: Travel grant (International Dictyostelium Conference, Lorne, Victoria, Australia), Insitute for Biochemistry I, University of Cologne, Germany
- 2001: Graduate Student fellowship award, Graduiertenkolleg "Genetik zellulärer Systeme", University of Cologne
- 1999: Cancer Genetics award, Bangalore University, India