[ skip to content ]
- Andrew J. Collins
- Research Assistant Professor
- Virginia Modeling, Analysis & Simulation Center
- Andrew Collins, Ph.D., has applied, both academically and practically, analytical techniques to variety of practical Operations Research problems. These projects include an award-winning investigation into the foreclosure contagion effect.
- University of Southampton,
Major: Management Sciences
Degree: Ph. D.
- University of Southampton,
Major: Operations Research
- University of Oxford,
- Agent-based Modeling and Simulation, Visual Rhetoric, Operations Research, Game Theory, Foreclosure Modeling, and Pedestrian Modeling
- Collins, A., and Knowles, T. (2013). Philosophical and Theoretic Underpinnings of Simulation Visualization Rhetoric and Their Practical Implications.Ontology, Epistemology, and Teleology for Modeling and Simulation (pp. 173-191). Heidelberg: Wiley.
- Collins, A., Sokolowski, J. A., and Banks, C. M. (2014). Applying Reinforcement Learning to an Insurgency Agent-based Simulation. The Journal of Defense Modeling and Simulation: Applications, Methodology, Technology, forthcoming,
- Collins, A., Seiler, M., Gangel, M., and Croll, M. (2013). Applying Latin hypercube sampling to agent-based models: Understanding foreclosure contagion effects. International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis, 6 (4), (pp. 422-437).
- Gangel, M., Seiler, M., and Collins, A. (2013). Exploring the foreclosure contagion effect using agent-based modeling. Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 46 (2), (pp. 339-354).
- Gangel, M., Seiler, M., and Collins, A. (2013). Latin Hypercube Sampling and the Identification of the Foreclosure Contagion Threshold. Journal of Behavioral Finance, 14 (2), (pp. 149-159).
- Collins, A., and Thomas, L. C. (2013). Learning competitive dynamic airline pricing under different customer models. Journal of Revenue & Pricing Management, 12 (5), (pp. 416-430).
- Collins, A., Vegesana, K. B., Seiler, M., O’Shea, P., Hettiarachchi, P., and McKenzie, F. D. (2013). Simulation and mathematical programming decision-making support for smallholder farming. Environment Systems and Decisions, 33 (3), (pp. 427-439).
- Seiler, M., Collins, A., and Fefferman, N. H. (2013). Strategic Mortgage Default in the Context of a Social Network: An Epidemiological Approach. Journal of Real Estate Research, 35 (4), (pp. 445-475).
- Collins, A., and Thomas, L. C. (2012). Comparing Reinforcement Learning Approaches for Solving Game Theoretic Models: A Dynamic Airline Pricing Game Example. Journal of Operational Research, 63 (8), (pp. 1165-1173).
- Ezell, B., Behr, J. G., and Collins, A. (2012). Identifying Factors that Influence Terrorist Decisions and Target Selection. Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, 9 (1), (pp. 8).
- Collins, A. (2012). Which is Worse: Large‐Scale Simulations or the 80% Solution?. SCS M&S Magazine, 10, (pp. 27-38).
- Ezell, B., Bennett, S. P., von Winterfeldt, D., Sokolowski, J. A., and Collins, A. (2010). Probabilistic Risk Analysis and Terrorism Risk. Risk Analysis, 30 (4), (pp. 575-589).
- (2009). Probalilistic Risk Analysis and Terrorism Risk. Military Operations Research
- Petty, M., Dunning, R., and Collins, A. Expanded Analysis of the Correlation of Characterizing Attributes and Success in Military M&S Standards. ,Proceedings of the 2012 AlaSim International Modeling and Simulation Conference (pp. 1-3)