Video Best Practices
- The ODU video player uses a 16:9 (widescreen) aspect ratio.
- All videos that are to be uploaded to the DAM must be in the 16:9 format.
- Videos that cannot be altered to fit the 16:9 format through pillarboxing (adding black bars to the left and right of the video) must be uploaded to YouTube and added to the site through the YouTube component.
.mp4 and .mov files are preferred with H 264 encoding.
Required final frame for video
- 1920 x 1080
- 1280 x 720
- 854 x 480
- 640 x 360
- 426 x 240
- Video must not contain copyrighted material (unless the copyright is held by the University)
- Video should end with the University logo and URL