Early Preparation Steps to Becoming a Monarch
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - Becomes available January 1.
In order to be considered need-based federal financial aid and scholarships, you must complete the FAFSA. Old Dominion University's FAFSA code is 003728.
Review your financial aid package. To have a financial aid package developed, you must have a FAFSA application on file. Student financial aid packages are available for review beginning March 1.
Locate and remember your University Identification Number (UIN) provided on your offer of admissions letter. Your UIN will enable various ODU departments (ex. Office of Student Financial Aid) to serve your more efficiently in the event you have any questions or concerns about your student record.
You've been admitted, now what...
Notify us of your plans to attend ODU by accessing your Enrollment Form. Accept your offer of admission and submit your Enrollment Form by clicking the "Proceed to Submission" button and completing the signature page.
Create your Midas Account:
- Access midas.odu.edu to activate your MIDAS account. Click on "Create MIDAS Account" in the menu on the left-hand side of the screen (Remember your newly created MIDAS ID and password).
- Proceed as instructed using your UIN for your User ID. Once your account is set up, you will see your new MIDAS ID displayed at the top of the page. Please make sure to write down your MIDAS ID! This process also activates your ODU email.
- You can access your email through the myODU portal at my.odu.edu.
- Using the myODU portal (my.odu.edu) select Leo Online (on the right side) to electronically pay your admissions deposit.
- From the Leo Online main menu select the "Admissions, Registration, Student Records, Graduation Information" link
- Then click "Admissions"
- Click "Pay Admissions Deposit" at the bottom of the portal.
*Note: Your admissions deposit may also be submitted my mail. Please be sure to provide your UIN on your check or money order to avoid any possible processing delays. Remember, May 1, is the priority deadline for securing your place in the upcoming class.
PAY BY CHECK OR MONEY ORDER: (allow seven business days for processing)
Mail the completed Offer of Admission form and a $200 check or money order listing the student's full name and UIN payable to Old Dominion University to:
Old Dominion University
Office of Admissions
108 Rollins Hall
Norfolk, VA 23529
Confirmed... Great! Just a few more steps!
Apply for On-Campus Housing odu.edu/housing.
Register for Preview (on-campus student orientation) odu.edu/preview. After registering for Preview, please take the Writing Sample PlacementTest (WSPT).
Freshmen students are required to attend an on-campus orientation.
Transfer students are required to complete the online orientation. Attendance at on-campus orientation is required for transfer students planning to study in the College of Business and recommended for everyone.
Submit Your Health Records. Required student health forms are available here.
Request Your Final Official Transcript. Make sure to submit your final official transcript(s) which reflects your graduation date and completed academic term(s). Missing final transcripts may result in a withdrawal of the offer of admission.
If you have submitted official transcripts for course equivalency consideration, visit your myODU (my.odu.edu) portal to access Leo Online and view the completed evaluation. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing and posting of credits.