Sign the ONE STUDENT PLEDGE 4/2, 4/9 or 4/16
SIGN THE ONE STUDENT PLEDGE FOR
SEXUAL ASSAULT AWARENESS MONTH!
April 2nd @ South Mall, Webb Center
April 9th @ North Mall, Webb Center
April 16th @ South Mall, Webb Center
ONE STUDENT PLEDGE
Most people know someone who has been sexually assaulted. One thing you can do to help end sexual
violence is to accept the responsibility to be a part of the solution. By signing the One Student pledge you
are making a commitment to, in voice and action, create change. Change begins with one student, one
campus, one community.
Start here. Sign the pledge. It is the first step towards changing the way we think about sexual violence.
Be the one to use your power to enact change.
AS ONE STUDENT, I PROMISE:
- I will use respectful language when talking to or about my partner(s), and when talking about sex and relationships in general.
- I will respect my partner’s (or anyone I have sexual contact with) boundaries and will expect my partner(s) to respect me.
- I will talk with my friends about the importance of consent.
- I will make sure my friends understand that a person cannot consent to sex if they _are intoxicated.
- If I see someone taking advantage of a person who is intoxicated I will safely intervene.
- I will participate in campus/community events that promote sexual assault awareness.
- I will find out what resources exist on my campus and program the phone numbers in my cell phone in case anyone needs them.
- I will help my friends and family understand that regardless of what someone wears, how much they flirt or if they choose to drink, they do not deserve to be sexually assaulted.
- If someone tells me they’ve been sexually assaulted I will believe them.
For More Information:
1000 Webb Center
Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr & Instagram @oduwomenscenter !
Posted By: Gretchen Edwards-Bodmer
Date: Mon Apr 01 15:53:56 EDT 2013