Position for Veteran Work-Study Student
On-Campus Student Hourly
You can find a student hourly position with an ODU on-campus department by logging into CareerLink and applying online. Student hourly positions on campus do not require Federal Work-Study awards. Positions are not always listed in eRecruiting therefore it is suggested to inquire about opportunities within individual departments. You may also attend our Back to School Job Fair held each September.
Programs for Continued Learning - Veteran Work-Study Student Job Description
Effective oral and written communication techniques.
- Effective customer service and problem-resolution techniques when serving diverse customers.
- Ability to produce documents using PC-based software such as the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Ability to interpret and explain policy and procedures.
- Program coordinating experience with the ability to work independently.
- Communication skills needed to work with the public, outside agencies, and administrators.
- Greets visitors to department and pro-actively offers assistance.
- Follows University telephone protocol when answering multi-line telephone.
- Independently responds to internal and external customer questions about policies, procedures, and programs.
- Researches and resolves questions related to department services.
- Notifies supervisor of unusual or difficult situations and seeks assistance when needed to address customer service needs.
- Provide continuing education program information.
- Assist with fiscal management to include payroll, instructor contracts, course cataloging, etc.
- Assist with administrative aspects for Programs for Continued Learning and Career Switcher Programs
- Answer questions concerning continuing education and Career Switcher programs
- Office Responsibilities - order supplies, answer phones, mail
- Assist with office functions- Career Switcher Orientations
- General administrative and clerical duties
- Assist Phase I and Phase II Career Switcher Coordinators
- Prepare informational session materials
- Manage and prepare program course material
- Input data for Title II Reports
- Answering telephone
Posted By: Francis Puchalski
Date: Thu Aug 29 11:13:25 EDT 2013