Teaching this summer? CLT offers technology workshops to help!
Teaching, this Summer?
CLT is offering a variety of workshops designed to help you use technology to teach more effectively and to help you save time. The workshops will be held in the Center for Learning and Teaching’s Faculty Development Lab, Gornto 411.
You must register to attend these workshops. Please log in at http://clt.odu.edu and use the teachODU module or click Events in the top navigation.
For more information: Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Susan Boze at 683-3172.
Blackboard: Open Topic
- Tuesday 4/30 - 10am-noon
- Wednesday 5/1 – 1:30-3:30pm
Have you wanted to ask a question about how to accomplish something in Blackboard but couldn't find a workshop topic about it? Now you can come to one (or more) of these two-hour open house sessions to ask your question and to get help with your tasks. Instructional designers or technology specialists will be available to assist you.
Blackboard Grade Center
- Thursday 5/2 - 10am-noon
Explore the features of the Grade Center. Some topics covered include: Entering and over-riding grades; Linking the Grade Center to assignments, discussion, blogs, wikis and tests; Calculating Grades by Total Points or by Weights; and Integrating Bb Grade Center with Excel.
- Adobe Connect 1: Basics - Thursday 5/9 – 1:30-3:30pm
- Adobe Connect 2: Beyond the Basics – Thursday 5/16 – 1:30-3:30pm
Adobe Connect is an online meeting tool where faculty and students can engage in synchronous collaboration using text, audio, and/or video. Participants in online meetings can also share applications and a whiteboard during the meeting. This is a two part series that must be taken in sequence.
(1) In the "Basics Workshop" participants will learn the "basics" of using the online meeting interface.
(2) In the "Beyond the Basics Workshop" participants will explore and practice using the many "beyond basics" features and tools as they relate to content presentation, student presentation, collaboration, document sharing, small group work, recordings, and more.
Posted By: Alison Schoew
Date: Mon Apr 29 15:59:24 EDT 2013