Faculty Innovator Grant Proposals are due Monday 12/3
FACULTY INNOVATOR GRANT
Deadline: December 3, 2012
The Faculty Innovator Grant (FIG) program encourages Old Dominion University faculty to explore the use of technology in teaching and learning issues that are targets for improvement and innovation. Proposals involving collaboration of two or more faculty members from the same department, or different departments in the same or different colleges, are encouraged.
Grant awards will range from $1500 to $3000.
Faculty members who have not been awarded a Faculty Innovator Grant within the last 12 months are eligible to apply. Also, prior awardees from years 2005-2011 who have completed their projects and submitted final reports are eligible to apply.
The lessons learned by Faculty Innovator Grant recipients will be shared as an important step in promoting or fostering a campus-wide dialog on innovation in teaching and learning. Final Reports from grant recipients will be submitted when the grant activity is completed. The Final Reports will be published on the CLT portal as a resource for the campus community. Recipients will also present their completed projects as part of CLT's series of workshops, panels, and/or special events.
In the preparation phase, CLT staff will be available to consult with you regarding available and applicable technologies. An instructional designer will be assigned as the primary point of contact for each grant recipient to assist with the implementation of the approach, development of the technology enhancement, and evaluation.
As you prepare for the proposal consider the questions listed below. The selection criteria are also available.
- What are the specific teaching and learning issues being addressed by the proposal?
- How did you identify the learning issues and how do you perceive their effect on students' learning?
- What are the learning outcomes related to the issues and how will they be measured?
- What solution do you propose to address the teaching and learning issues?
- Will the project have an impact on your colleagues, department, college, or community?
- What application of technology do you believe would help address the issues described in the proposal?
- Are there other faculty in your department, college, or other colleges who may benefit from collaboration on this project?
Completion of all sections of the RFP is required. Failure to complete all sections will result in disqualification.
In an effort to maintain consistency we are providing the necessary forms in document format. Download the forms and complete them using Microsoft Word.
Each proposal must include:
Request For Proposal
Memorandum of Understanding
Proposals are due NO LATER THAN 5:00 p.m. on Monday, December 3, 2012.
- Email the Proposal Request Form to Dr. M’hammed Abdous, email@example.com, with the subject "FIG Proposal 2013"
- FAX the Memorandum of Understanding to Dr. M’hammed Abdous at 683-3176
HAND DELIVERED SUBMISSION:
- Deliver printed RFP and Memorandum of Understanding to Dr. M’hammed Abdous, Gornto 336, in sealed envelope labeled "FIG Proposal 2013."
Selection is based on the Faculty Innovator Grant Selection Criteria and will be judged by a team that includes past grant recipients. Selections will be announced on December 17, 2012.
Posted By: Alison Schoew
Date: Thu Nov 29 10:00:17 EST 2012