Undergraduate Teacher Education Application
(download, print, complete by following instructions)
- Complete the Undergraduate Teacher Education Application with all signatures in Step I, II and Step III. Page 4 - Faculty Comment Form must be completed by the ODU faculty. For distance learning students, the Site Director completes the Comment Form.
- Submit the application with a copy of your passing Praxis I score report or equivalent scores approved by the Virginia Board of Education to Teacher Education Services and Advising, Education Building, Room 152
- Complete and submit the Professional Disposition Survey. To access the instructions to complete the survey, click here.
This survey must be completed in order to be admitted into a teacher education program.
Admission Interview Application.
This is for selected programs ONLY beginning FALL 2010. The Admission Interview is required for undergraduate students attending the ODU main campus and/or the Higher Education Centers in the Hampton Roads area ONLY. This Admission Interviews is ONLY for undergraduate students pursuing a bachelor's degree with a teacher education concentration in one of the following programs:
- BS Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies-Teacher Preparation with Licensure in Special Education, General Curriculum K-12
- BS Degree in Physical Education with Licensure in Health and Physical Education Pk-12
- BA with Licensure in History/Social Studies
- Bachelor of Music with Licensure in Music Education (Instrumental and Vocal)
Read the information related to your program for the admission interview prior to being admitted to Undergraduate Teacher Education.
Undergraduate Teacher Education Programs
Students who wish to teach in any of the disciplines listed below must pursue an appropriate major leading to a baccalaureat degree in either the College of Arts and Letters, the College of Sciences, or the Darden College of Education. In addition, students must apply and be admitted into the Darden College of Education Teacher Education Program and complete designated professional education courses and licensure requirements. See below admission requirements and application procedures.