Undergraduate Teacher Education Programs Admission Requirements
The professional education preparation programs at Old Dominion University are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the Virginia Department of Education.
- Be a declared major in the appropriate academic department
- Have a 2.75 grade point average overall, in the major, and in the professional education core courses (2.80 for IDS majors beginning with the 2004-2006 University catalog)
- Earn at least a C- grade in all courses in the major and in the professional education core (C grade in all courses for IDS majors beginning with 2004-2006 University catalog)
- Have passing scores on Praxis I or achieved approved scores by the Virginia Board of Education
- Submit the Undergraduate Teacher Education Application
- Submit the Admission Interview Application if required for your program as specified here.
- Undergraduate Teacher Education Application
- Teacher Education Admission Interview
- Professional Dispositions Survey