The billing statement you received is a statement of your current charges with Old Dominion University. Please note the due date for each of the charges. Please pay by the due date to prevent penalty fees being assessed to your account.
Payments through eBill
Remittance should be made in U.S. funds in the form of a credit card (MasterCard or VISA) or WebCheck (no credit card convenience checks accepted). Convenience checks are not recognized by automated banking systems and will be returned unpaid. (MIDAS ID and password required). Please note that payments are applied to the oldest debt first.
Payments through eBill: Remittance should be made in U.S. funds in the form of a credit card (MasterCard or VISA) or WebCheck (no credit card convenience checks accepted). Convenience checks are not recognized by automated banking systems and will be returned unpaid. (MIDAS ID and password required). Please note that payments are applied to the oldest debt first.
Effective December 1, 2013:
- Credit card payments will be charged a 2.75% convenience fee.
- ODU will also begin accepting Discover and American Express for online payments in your student account.
- ODU will begin accepting payments with a debit card. If you select payment with a debit card (as a credit card transaction), you will be charged the 2.75% non-refundable convenience fee. Debit card payments with no convenience fee will be available in February.
Payments by Mail: All checks/money orders should be made payable to Old Dominion University and should include your UIN (University Identification Number).
Payments in Person: Payments may be made at the Cashiers Office in Rollins Hall. The office hours are 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Fridays (unless closed for University approved holidays).
- Effective December 1, 2013 the Cashiers Office will no longer accept credit card payments in person.
If financial obligations have not been met by the specified dates, the account will be considered delinquent and a financial "hold" will be placed on the account. No grades, transcripts or other services will be provided by the University until the delinquent obligation has been satisfied. At 30+ days past due, a 5% late penalty fee will be assessed. At 120+days past due, the delinquent account will be forwarded to an external collection agency and a 25% collection fee will be charged on the unpaid balance.
If a company, agency, or employer has agreed to make full or partial payment on your account, please submit the appropriate paperwork to the Office of Finance prior to the tuition deadline.
Financial Aid and Federal Direct Loans
This statement shows financial aid credited to your account. "Memo" aid does not reduce the amount due. Please complete all your financial aid requirements in advance to ensure financial aid disburses to your account prior to the tuition deadline. You may cancel all or part of your Federal Direct Loan within 14 days after loan money is credited to your student account, however, written notification to the Office of Student Financial Aid is required.
Please send email inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call
- Office of Financial Aid (757) 683-3683 with questions regarding financial aid and/or loans
- Office of Finance (757) 683-3030 with billing and/or payment questions