- Who is responsible for retention at the University and how are retention activities to be coordinated?
- Role of University College
- Role of Graduate Studies
- Role of Student Affairs
- What is the target population - level, cohort?
- Why do some students persist to graduation and other fail?
- Why do students voluntarily leave the University?
- Should we perform an exit interview?
- What can we do to "save" those who are marginal/at risk students?
- How can we examine course-taking patterns to help students to succeed, both new students and transfer students? Are there options?
- What is the role of the early warning system?
- What specific information do we need to capture?
- Who should receive the information?
- What should be done with the information?
- Do we want invasive or informational interventions?
- What is the role of academic advising? Peer advising? Mentoring? Tutoring?
- How does the admission standard affect retention?
- What is the minimum numeric standard common to the successful student?
- Math? Verbal? High school GPA?
- Transfer GPA?
- What do the numbers tell us about students who are potentially at risk? Math? Verbal?
- Do or should the six traditional colleges have varying admission standards?
- Do college standards adversely impact retention?
- Are threshold courses used to identify at risk students and pose a necessary barrier?
- Can we identify the successful student?
- What do we need to know about the "at risk" population?
- Create a profile?
- What can the data tell us? Do we know what data we need?
- How does our current infrastructure support (or not) retention efforts?
- What role does the physical campus environment play in retention?
- How does the transition from commuter to residential campus affect student retention?
- What role does housing play?
- What is the role of campus engagement? Social/community connections? Volunteerism?
- What about course attendance?
- Ability to use available technologies for review (blackboard, pod-casting, course capture, etc.?
- Is it possible for these technologies to replace physical course attendance?
- Should the attendance policy be reviewed?
|Data and Assessment Committee
|Committee Members||Bonita Anthony
Carol S. Henry
David D. Metzger
Terri M. Matthews
Matthew J. Oliver
Minutes, Meeting Dates and Agenda
- Tuesday, October 9, 2008, 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.