Registration Still Open for CLT's Faculty Summer Institute
Chris Dede, the Timothy E. Wirth Professor in Learning Technologies at Harvard's Graduate School of Education, will give the keynote address at the Center for Learning and Teaching's Faculty Summer Institute on Teaching and Learning, May 20-21 at Webb Center.
Dede's fields of scholarship include emerging technologies, policy and leadership. In 2007, he was honored by Harvard University as an outstanding teacher, and in 2011 he was named a Fellow of the American Educational Research Association.
The Center for Learning and Teaching (CLT) invites all Old Dominion faculty members to participate in the Summer Institute, whose topic is "Online and Face-to-Face Teaching: Realizing the Best of Both Worlds."
This year's Institute is organized around five themes:
- Faculty Learning Communities: Sharing Ideas to Realize the Best of Both Worlds
- Reflecting About Your Own Teaching Practices: Your Personal Transition toward Online
- Involving Your Students: An Active Learning Approach
- Course Design: Strategies for both Face-to-Face and Online Teaching
- Workshop: Teaching and Learning Strategies or Hands-on Technologies.
Faculty members can Register now to participate in these two days of reflection, sharing and teaching tips presented by their peers.