Multidisciplinary Seed Funding Winners to Share Research Outcomes March 28
Faculty winners from the Office of Research's 2013 Multidisciplinary Seed Funding competition will share the outcomes of their yearlong research during team presentations Friday, March 28.
The event starts at 9 a.m. in the first-floor conference center of IRP 2 with a welcome by Rodger Harvey, interim vice president for research, followed by five presentations. The presentations will last 20 minutes each, and there will be a 10-minute period for questions after each talk. Members of the campus community are invited to attend one or more of the presentations.
The schedule is as follows:
- 9:10-9:40 a.m. - "Defibrillation of Cardiac Tissue with Nanosecond Pulsed Electric Fields" (Christian Zemlin, PI, and Andrei Pakhomov, co-PI)
- 9:40-10 a.m. - " The Utilization of Video Face Replacement Technology for Routine Clinical Procedures in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder" (Jonna Bobzien, PI; and Chung-Hao Chen, Ann Bruhn, Debra Murray, Rebecca Deal Poston and Amy Lee, co-PIs)
- 10:20-10:50 a.m. - "Toward Solutions to Big Data Challenges in Multiple Disciplinary Applications" (Yaohang Li, PI; and Duc Nguyen and Masha Sosonkina, co-PIs)
- 10:50-11:20 a.m. - "A Multidisciplinary Approach for Gene Expression Pattern Image Analysis" (Shuiwang Ji, PI)
- 11:20-11:50 a.m. - "For a Sustainable Future on Earth: High-Tech Biochar" (James Lee, PI, and Sandeep Kumar, co-PI).
Refreshments will be served; those planning to attend are asked to RSVP to http://fs25.formsite.com/researchdev/form25/index.html.