ODU's Engineering Systems Building, which will be the nerve center for engineering research and study on campus when it opens later this year, is rapidly approaching completion. Construction crews have been working on the site between Kaufman Hall and Perry Library for more than a year. The state-of-the-art, 51,000-square-foot building will soon house a modern clean room, biomedical engineering labs, a lasers lab, a plasma science lab and a dynamic simulation lab.
Steve A. Yetiv, Louis I. Jaffe Professor of Political Science and International Studies at ODU and nationally renowned scholar, will be guest speaker at the 20th annual Friends of the Old Dominion University Libraries Author Dinner on April 2. National award-winning poet Tim Seibles, associate professor of English, will receive an Outstanding Achievement Award.
Many of the brightest graduate student researchers at ODU will share their work for the fourth annual Graduate Research Achievement Day (GRAD) on Thursday, March 27. A record 124 students will participate in this year's GRAD event, which was created to honor and celebrate the excellent research of the university's graduate students.
The Ted Constant Convocation Center will soon play host to a melting pot of vibrant cultures found throughout Hampton Roads as thousands of attendees gather for the ODU International Festival. The sixth annual event, scheduled for Sunday, March 30, is free and open to the public.
- Business Professor Launches Multiyear Study of China's '2Rich' Generation
- Integrative Learning Is Topic for 'Connect with Colleagues' Panel Discussion
- Education Faculty Members Publish Textbook: 'Retailing and E-tailing'
- ODU Designated a 'Tree Campus USA' for Second Consecutive Year
- University Nationally Ranked Among Best Business Schools for Veterans
- Lady Monarchs Earn WNIT Bid; Host Navy Tonight
- History Faculty Members to Present Program on World War I
A Picture is Worth...
Joe Ebondo goes for a rebound in the Monarchs' Wednesday night game against South Dakota State at the Ted. ODU came away with a 72-65 win over the Jackrabbits in the College Basketball Invitational first-round contest. The Monarchs will host Radford in a second-round CBI game Monday. The Highlanders beat Oregon State late Wednesday night to advance in the postseason event.