Sustainable Living Fair Returns to Campus Feb. 9
Old Dominion will host the fifth annual Sustainable Living Fair Sunday, Feb. 9. Scheduled for 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Ted Constant Convocation Center, the fair will feature a series of workshops and demonstrations, and exhibitors.
Those who attend the free fair will have an opportunity to learn more about the following topics:
- Beekeeping in our urban landscape
- Earth walls, community engagement and you
- Sustainable gene pools in wildlife
- Environmental toxins in food and beyond
- Food as medicine
- Growing wheatgrass, sprouts, and more for your health
- Local food in public schools
- Understanding ingredients in personal care products
- The zero waste process
- Native landscape
- Master gardeners show-and-tell series.
Among the exhibitors will be Merrill Lynch, Ghent Chiropractic, Coastal Chiropractic, Learning Rx, Miller Custom Homes, Glitz by Fritz, NYR Organic, Tri-Neighborhood Garden, Norfolk Master Gardeners, HR Green Building Council, Five Points Community Farm Market, Virginia Zoo, Ecocycling, Friends of Norfolk's Environment, Isagenix, Virginia Department of Forestry, Wild Success and Essential Wellness Center.
Joining ODU as co-sponsors of the fair are the AHM Group, Merrill Lynch, Five Points Community Farm Market, Green Alternatives and MC2 Media + Design.
For more information visit the Sustainable Living Fair website at http://www.slfhr.com.